SEQ files as promised!!

Tarek-FM

Jul 30, 2009, 6:26:49 AM7/30/09
to PSPSeq
It is apalling that it has taken me so long to upload these, I have
just been caught up in my own world!
One file is TFMDEMO.SEQ ....just two measures of how I put together a
dense mix. Beware though, after months of further learning I hvae
realised my low end may sometimes be too much..better kick
construction on my part would remedy this issue. The second is
TFMSYNTH.SEQ, two measures of some really clear, punchy synth
construction!

Read the posts about PSP SEQ for windows, really exciting.....to be
honest I prefer the idea of using psp seq on the psp as the the
interface and workflow are so streamlined, however, since I have
gotten into using a DAW on my laptop, no matter what amazing vst
synths I have access to, I still miss BAM,BFM and FM...plus the
exponential envelopes and offsets are wicked and would love to be able
to ReWire PSP SEQ into my DAW or use PSP SEQ as a vst!
You have developed quite a unique program! Anyway, I know this is a
labour of love and these things are not easy to implement, but those
are my two cents! Off to upload these two files....hope you guys find
them useful, any questions or comments I will back to my computer on
friday so will respond then!

H- Seiken

Aug 4, 2009, 5:21:29 PM8/4/09
to psp...@googlegroups.com
Can't wait to hear these.  I'm always into FM and it's nice to know I'm not the only frequency modulation dork.

Here's mp3's of my latest pspseq tracks, 14 tracks of FM generators, no samples.  Yes, that's fake reverb you're hearing.  :)  No post effects...will post the seq's later.  Don't spread 'em around too much, though, please.  I'm releasing the whole EP sometime in the next month or so.  Just wish the PSP had a little more 'umph' to get those last 2 FM tracks, though...lol...Then I wouldn't feel so bad about wasting 4 channels on a snare drum (1 for the body, 1 for the 'hiss' 2 for the reverb).

Please turn up the bass for "B.MP3".  It's dubstep afterall and I put special attention to make that rumble really vibrate your face. ;)

http://hseiken.mynoisebleeds.com.mynoisebleeds.com/hs_music/AA.mp3
http://hseiken.mynoisebleeds.com.mynoisebleeds.com/hs_music/B.mp3

AA inspired by Groundzero Organization, very awe inspiring OPL electronica.  The OPL if you don't know is a 4OP 8 channel FM synth found in the Sega Genesis and Sharp X68000 computer from Japan, which is their preferred method of production, using Music Markup Language compiled with Zmusic.  Very complicated.  Utabi used the same thing until he got fed up and programmed some sort of 'emulator' of the OPL for Reaktor which he now uses.

Anyway, that was an aside...enjoy the tunes.  I'll check out your seq's shortly after this lengthy virus scan.

HS

Aug 4, 2009, 10:54:51 PM8/4/09
to PSPSeq
LIstened to the seq's...nasty sounds there. Heavy enough for some
slick dnb...

I uploaded the seq's for AA and B (titled A.SEQ and B.SEQ).

When the EP comes out, I'm also going to package in the source files a
preset file as well for all the sounds I created.

On Aug 4, 5:21 pm, H- Seiken <haky...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can't wait to hear these.  I'm always into FM and it's nice to know I'm not
> the only frequency modulation dork.
>
> Here's mp3's of my latest pspseq tracks, 14 tracks of FM generators, no
> samples.  Yes, that's fake reverb you're hearing.  :)  No post
> effects...will post the seq's later.  Don't spread 'em around too much,
> though, please.  I'm releasing the whole EP sometime in the next month or
> so.  Just wish the PSP had a little more 'umph' to get those last 2 FM
> tracks, though...lol...Then I wouldn't feel so bad about wasting 4 channels
> on a snare drum (1 for the body, 1 for the 'hiss' 2 for the reverb).
>
> Please turn up the bass for "B.MP3".  It's dubstep afterall and I put
> special attention to make that rumble really vibrate your face. ;)
>
> http://hseiken.mynoisebleeds.com.mynoisebleeds.com/hs_music/AA.mp3http://hseiken.mynoisebleeds.com.mynoisebleeds.com/hs_music/B.mp3

Tarek-FM

Aug 5, 2009, 8:02:24 AM8/5/09
to PSPSeq
MAN! Wow.....gr8 dubstep...from someone who loves dubstep I was really
enchanted to how it translated to pspseq...love those fm
kicks....really clear and puchy! I really wonder though how on god's
green earth you managed that lead line across loops like that towards
the end....now thats genius...I loved track A as well....I just don't
have the time to keep gushing!! Yes, officially I am an FM freak I
just discovered that this weekend actually.... wish I could ReWire psp
seq as the control over the sounds is just unparalleled....btw was so
excited to hear your work I clicked on the link immediately, however,
they didn't work for me.....tested my connection in diff ways and it
was fine(connection)...
You know.....I the FM part of my moniker is just a coincidence....it
does sure seem to fit now!!:)

On Aug 5, 3:54 am, HS <haky...@gmail.com> wrote:
> LIstened to the seq's...nasty sounds there.  Heavy enough for some
> slick dnb...
>
> I uploaded the seq's for AA and B (titled A.SEQ and B.SEQ).
>
> When the EP comes out, I'm also going to package in the source files a
> preset file as well for all the sounds I created.
>
> On Aug 4, 5:21 pm, H- Seiken <haky...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can't wait to hear these.  I'm always into FM and it's nice to know I'm not
> > the only frequency modulation dork.
>
> > Here's mp3's of my latest pspseq tracks, 14 tracks of FM generators, no
> > samples.  Yes, that's fake reverb you're hearing.  :)  No post
> > effects...will post the seq's later.  Don't spread 'em around too much,
> > though, please.  I'm releasing the whole EP sometime in the next month or
> > so.  Just wish the PSP had a little more 'umph' to get those last 2 FM
> > tracks, though...lol...Then I wouldn't feel so bad about wasting 4 channels
> > on a snare drum (1 for the body, 1 for the 'hiss' 2 for the reverb).
>
> > Please turn up the bass for "B.MP3".  It's dubstep afterall and I put
> > special attention to make that rumble really vibrate your face. ;)
>
> >http://hseiken.mynoisebleeds.com.mynoisebleeds.com/hs_music/AA.mp3htt...

zebra

Aug 12, 2009, 12:01:31 AM8/12/09
to PSPSeq
Wow, really great production here. I'll have a look at the seq files
in a bit. I'm getting antsy to play with pspseq - I tried the
controller, and it works alright, though there's a bit of lag (I used
Joy2Key, btw) and crashes occasionally. It's just not the same :)
Great job, guys!

Hey, I noticed that after posting in the pspseq for windows thread I
can't see the post I made - is that normal?

ethan

Aug 12, 2009, 12:57:52 AM8/12/09
to PSPSeq
Hey, sorry I've been absent from a lot of the conversation recently.
Been crazy busy with work. Once things slow down I'm going to start
thinking about what I want to add to PSPSeq and then weigh that
against what I have time to add. :)

As for the delay, 1st posts are moderated. Had a bit of spam in the
past. Sometimes there's delay in posting to googlegroups but
generally it's OK.

If anyone's got some seqs they want critiqued I'd love to hear them.
Posting music is the best way to keep the conversation flowing...

ethan

Aug 12, 2009, 1:56:50 PM8/12/09
to PSPSeq
OK so I finally got a chance to listen to these, they're great. You
do a really good job of layering tracks to give sounds a more
interesting timbre rather than just creating chords or a lead with
multiple parts. It all sounds nicely integrated. Well played
sir! :)

Any chance you've written any more full PSPSeq tracks? Also, what
happened to the old songs on your myspace that were made with PSPSeq?
Are they still around? Any plans to release them on HS's netlabel or
somewhere else?

Tarek

Aug 13, 2009, 4:22:35 PM8/13/09
to psp...@googlegroups.com
Gr8! Hope it was useful for u!! I am thinking of making a separate page for my pspseq tunes or maybe put them on box.net for download....not really sure!!

Ever since working with a "professional" daw, I have really been appreciating pspseq even more...esp after hearing hseiken's latest(fm rocks!).....I actually have at least close to ten more psp tracks I think are good so will let you when I get to finishing some of them!! Eventually, I will have one webpage with my guitar based music, quasi-hi-fi electronica and pspseq tracks! As far as releasing them, I haven't thought about it....needs some thought!! In any event, I hope you are doing well and coping with your busy schedule!!
Tarek:)