[sticky] good link for people looking to install custom firmware on their PSP

ethan

Aug 11, 2008, 8:56:34 PM8/11/08
to PSPSeq
if you've just arrived here and are having trouble running PSPSeq
because you don't have custom firmware, i'd recommend checking this
site out:

http://www.darkmessiah.byethost13.com/freeservice.html

it's a list of people that will program custom firmware for free. i
went to the guy in boston to get mine taken care of and i didn't have
a problem at all. of course YMMV, but if you don't want to deal with
ebay or craigslist or trying to parse all the information out there on
how to do it yourself, this is definitely worth a read.

once you have a homebrew enabled PSP life's a lot simpler (updating to
the latest versions and making your own Pandora's Battery is simple)
but making the initial jump is definitely a bit of work.
Message has been deleted

Simon Hawkenson

Feb 1, 2014, 3:49:00 AM2/1/14
to psp...@googlegroups.com
and I just commented on a totally dead thread. Did not realize till it was too late. Sorry about that.

On Friday, January 31, 2014 10:45:14 PM UTC-8, Simon Hawkenson wrote:
Yea, I just recently joined. I have an old PSP 3000 that I recently rediscovered, and it works great. I discovered that it's really easy to softmod the PSP 3000 now, and I am wondering what custom firmware I need for this. Seriously I know nothing about this stuff, but I am not afraid of doing it myself. Any useful links on where I can find info on this stuff?

btw your link is dead.

Ethan Bordeaux

Feb 1, 2014, 4:00:50 AM2/1/14
to PSPSeq
Don't worry, all threads are kind of dead around here.  ;)  I'd be curious to know the answer to your question as well.  What's the state of PSP homebrew/custom firmware hacking?  Is it getting easier or harder, what platforms can run it, etc etc.  Anyone know?

Jeremy Landry

Feb 1, 2014, 5:12:40 AM2/1/14
to psp...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested in this too.  I have a phat and a slim, phat is hacked but i'd like to hac the slim, a 1000 model i think it is..so i can ditch the phat.