because there just isn't enough PSPSeq music out there...

ethan

Nov 18, 2009, 10:53:55 AM11/18/09
to PSPSeq
Did a quick search and ran into this:

http://zebra.bandcamp.com/track/pspseq-test-3

Pretty cool stuff, like the variety of sounds and the heavy stereo
effects. I noticed that HS was the guy who introduced the musician to
PSPSeq. I can definitely hear the influence. :)

If you're listening zebra, nice work! Love to hear what else you've
made.

zebra

Nov 19, 2009, 5:08:26 PM11/19/09
to PSPSeq
Hey, that's me! I have another song to show you once I find my psp ->
pc cable again, I just have no idea where I put it :\

Ethan Bordeaux

Nov 20, 2009, 10:21:37 AM11/20/09
to psp...@googlegroups.com
Cool, looking forward to it.  Definitely sounds like you've got the hots for FM, eh?

zebra

Nov 22, 2009, 4:19:22 PM11/22/09
to PSPSeq
Making that track was really my first experiment with FM. I think it
sounds pretty bad, actually - the sounds are really harsh. But it
taught me alot about how the FM synth works which was really exciting.
Now I am extremely interested in FM, but I also think the KS synth is
fascinating as well.

On Nov 20, 8:21 am, Ethan Bordeaux <ethan.borde...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cool, looking forward to it.  Definitely sounds like you've got the hots for
> FM, eh?
>
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 5:08 PM, zebra <zebraairfo...@kuririnmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Hey, that's me! I have another song to show you once I find my psp ->
> > pc cable again, I just have no idea where I put it :\
>
> > On Nov 18, 8:53 am, ethan <ethan.borde...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Did a quick search and ran into this:
>
> > >http://zebra.bandcamp.com/track/pspseq-test-3
>
> > > Pretty cool stuff, like the variety of sounds and the heavy stereo
> > > effects.  I noticed that HS was the guy who introduced the musician to
> > > PSPSeq.  I can definitely hear the influence.  :)
>
> > > If you're listening zebra, nice work!  Love to hear what else you've
> > > made.

11hzrobot

Nov 23, 2009, 1:36:19 PM11/23/09
to PSPSeq
Hey, this song is really good. I'm listening to the rest of the songs
you have up...I like your style, what did you use for the other
tracks?
> > >http://groups-beta.google.com/group/pspseq-Hide quoted text -

zebra

Nov 23, 2009, 11:03:32 PM11/23/09
to PSPSeq
Open Modplug Tracker :)

There aren't any examples up there, but I've been working on an EP for
piston source using PxTone. Thats a fun little program, too.

H- Seiken

Nov 24, 2009, 6:39:24 PM11/24/09
to psp...@googlegroups.com
Holy shit, for real?  Piston Source?

Been talking to Argargara?  Damn...I was thinking about returning to pxtone sometime soon myself...

Small world!

Ethan Bordeaux

Nov 24, 2009, 7:43:43 PM11/24/09
to psp...@googlegroups.com
Hah, perhaps PSPSeq is the honeypot for all the musical weirdos out there.  ;)

H- Seiken

Nov 24, 2009, 7:51:57 PM11/24/09
to psp...@googlegroups.com
What you trying to say?  lol

zebra

Nov 26, 2009, 12:23:37 AM11/26/09
to PSPSeq
@HS Yeah, I met Agargara through SDCompo. He's one cool dude :) It's
on honor to release something on a netlabel featuring so many talented
musicians.

@ethan I'm certainly attracted to the quirkier music apps!

On Nov 24, 5:51 pm, H- Seiken <haky...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What you trying to say?  lol
>
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 7:43 PM, Ethan Bordeaux <ethan.borde...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Hah, perhaps PSPSeq is the honeypot for all the musical weirdos out there.
> >  ;)
>
> > On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 6:39 PM, H- Seiken <haky...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Holy shit, for real?  Piston Source?
>
> >> Been talking to Argargara?  Damn...I was thinking about returning to
> >> pxtone sometime soon myself...
>
> >> Small world!

H- Seiken

Nov 26, 2009, 12:27:44 AM11/26/09
to psp...@googlegroups.com
I wish I hadn't let the label go...it is so hard being in a ultra tiny community and still be motivated...at the time I was wanting to spread the word to US audience about pxtone...now I think I should've just ignored response and stopped trying to actively recruit (thus getting disappointed at lack of interest) and just kept making music with the program.  I would've been a lot happier doing that.  I'm still disappointed in the label, but it did allow me to meet up with AGF/agargara...so it wasn't all bad!   :)

You should check out his radio show some time.  :)

Ethan Bordeaux

Nov 26, 2009, 1:19:34 AM11/26/09
to psp...@googlegroups.com
@ethan I'm certainly attracted to the quirkier music apps!

The funny thing is that I really didn't set out to make anything quirky.  I figured it was for synth geeks who like step sequencers and FM.  I definitely didn't think I'd be drawing in the pxtone crowd.  ;)

On a slightly personal note, it's my birthday today which means that I got my first PSP for hacking 4 years ago.  The original release (0.00!) was made about a month later.  I think you can download it from qj.net if you want to see where all this sprang from.  Good times.  Sadly I'm sick so I'm celebrating by drinking Nyquil and praying for sleep.

H- Seiken

Nov 26, 2009, 1:24:17 AM11/26/09
to psp...@googlegroups.com
Hey, could've been worse...i celebrated my 30th on the 19th...

This was the extent of my birthday:

2 weeks before birthday, boat was going to have holiday party on 19th rolled into 3 day weekend.
department said, 'no, no 3 day weekend.  party still on, but without next day off, can you really party?'
i ended up working over 100 hours, staying at work on my birthday 14 hours when it was supposed to be a 4 hour day, THEN the WWE tickets i bought i had to sell because i found out that the day of the event was a stay-onboard day.  which later got changed back to regular day after i sold the tickets...which i had bought a month and a half before.  I also got yelled at 30 times that day for not being able to be in 3 places at once.  I went home and fell asleep promptly and woke up to go to work the next day....oh yeah, my girlfriend forgot it was my birthday, too.

Happy 30th to me.

So see, ethan, it could be a lot worse.

Ethan Bordeaux

Nov 26, 2009, 1:33:12 AM11/26/09
to psp...@googlegroups.com
Yeah man your life really sucks!  Thanks for making me feel better!  ;p