moving out of the homebrew ghettos into the big leagues...

ethan

Jun 22, 2010, 8:58:42 PM6/22/10
to PSPSeq
Hey everyone - been a while since I posted anything here. I've made a
change in jobs that a few of you might find interesting; I'm now
working for Line 6 on guitar effects boxes. Obviously I'm really
excited about this and while I'm not doing much with the actual
effects (I'm on UI dev right now) I do hope I can bring some of my
ideas and philosophies within the company. If you notice the next POD
from Line 6 has a blindingly green and black color scheme you'll know
where it came from. ;) The work I did on PSPSeq definitely helped me
land the job so thank you to everyone who used/uses the program and
(perhaps unknowningly) encouraged my development work. I would have
given up a long time ago if I hadn't heard some of the great songs you
guys wrote.

As for working on PSPSeq, I haven't had a chance to do much for a
while. The new job also meant moving across the US so I've been busy
for a long time getting ready for this. Also, they're definitely
keeping me occupied at work so there's little energy/brain cells for
personal dev. That said, I do know that I can make changes to the
program without worrying about IP issues and I do have a few minor UI
tweaks I need to get out there. It will happen, but probably not for
at least a month.

Oh, and if any of you guys are out in the Los Angeles area feel free
to get in touch. Would love to meet some of you in person.

Peter Swimm

Jun 23, 2010, 10:27:44 AM6/23/10
to psp...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ethan,

Congrats! Im a big fan of lin6 stuff (tell m to make a stompbox version of the pocket pod!).. Wish you all the luck!

Peter Swimm

Ethan Bordeaux

Jun 23, 2010, 1:55:52 PM6/23/10
to psp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!  I'll keep that in mind - product ideas do come from all places including internal engineering (most people here are musicians of one form or another) so who knows what'll come out in the future.  :)

flatterpunk

Jun 24, 2010, 11:31:17 PM6/24/10
to PSPSeq
Congrats Ethan, from what we've seen here, it couldn't have happened
to a better guy. This is perhaps one of the most exciting Moments of
the Internet - watching an independent artist get what he deserves.
We can only hope that Line6 takes a cue from you and keeps one ear to
the underground! Also, there's still a lot to be desired in the field
of lightweight sequencing software - and a lot of potential profit!
Maybe they'll let you write a VST or an android app or something
(iphone, whats that lol)...

On Jun 23, 1:55 pm, Ethan Bordeaux <ethan.borde...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks!  I'll keep that in mind - product ideas do come from all places
> including internal engineering (most people here are musicians of one form
> or another) so who knows what'll come out in the future.  :)On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 7:27 AM, Peter Swimm <petersw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey Ethan,
>
> > Congrats! Im a big fan of lin6 stuff (tell m to make a stompbox version of
> > the pocket pod!).. Wish you all the luck!
>
> > Peter Swimm

AlbertoZ

Jun 26, 2010, 8:28:48 AM6/26/10
to PSPSeq
Hi Ethan,

Congratulations and good luck with the new job!

Alberto

H- Seiken

Jun 26, 2010, 4:00:15 PM6/26/10
to psp...@googlegroups.com
PODSeq? :p

ethan

Jun 28, 2010, 2:12:00 PM6/28/10
to PSPSeq
hah stranger things have happened! :)

On Jun 26, 1:00 pm, H- Seiken <haky...@gmail.com> wrote:
> PODSeq?  :p

zebra

Jul 1, 2010, 3:55:53 AM7/1/10
to PSPSeq
Congrats, ethan! I hope you keep us updated on your work in the
company!

I'm actually in california right now, but I'm pretty far north near
Patterson/Turlock.
If you are ever going to be in/around San Francisco then e-mail me!
> > >http://groups-beta.google.com/group/pspseq- Hide quoted text -

Tarek

Jul 5, 2010, 6:31:01 AM7/5/10
to psp...@googlegroups.com
Ha ha!! Just got back from Laos...I happen to use Line6!! I have a POD XTlive that I use for my guitar tracks!!

Cultivating an All-Consuming Obsession With Music Since 1985
CLICK THIS LINK FOR LATEST TRACKS!

Not so new tracks!
Dance myspace.com/tarekfm
Guitar myspace.com/tarekaudio