PSPSeq 3.10 development... really!

ethan

Mar 13, 2010, 5:33:59 PM3/13/10
to PSPSeq
Hey everyone, so I've decided to take a bit of time and add in a few
new features to PSPSeq. Specifically, this is what I have right now:

1. Each loop can have its own distinct loop length. Basically when
you set SEQLEN in the TEMPO menu you can now choose whether the length
is set for the current loop or for all loops.

2. You can jump from loop to loop while editing synths by pressing L-
Trigger+R-Trigger+D-pad L/R. This is really useful.

3. While editing synths you can cause the sequencer to jump to the
current selected step by pressing L-Trigger + R-Trigger + X. This is
also really useful.

4. Added a new A-pad navigation mode to the step sequencer. Now you
can configure it to only jump from triggered step to triggered step in
a loop rather than potentially ending up on a divide by 8 boundary.
Should make it faster to get to the notes you care about once you've
got a song going.

5. The trackname of tracks that are muted now show up in the
"inactive text" color rather than staying their normal color. Makes
it easier to tell which tracks are active in a loop.

That's all I've got right now. These are the features I think I'm
going to try and get in there before releasing it:

1. COPY GEN no longer copies the frequency data. This will still be
possible with COPY TRACK and COPY FREQ.

2. New copy modes. Specifically it will be possible to copy gen/fx/
env/trig/freq from a track to all loops in a song or to a specific
loop in a song. Right now you can only do this with all data in a
track.

3. Config file that is loaded at startup. This would set the
following:

a) set colors based
b) set Apad sensitivity
c) set Apad control mode
d) instant loop jump
e) WAV file save location

I'd probably make it an explicit save of configuration rather than
saving it on exit. It would be loaded automatically on boot.

I'm also open to renaming some parameters or changing parameter ranges
to make then easier to understand/work with. Any requests?

So yeah, not a ton of changes but I think a few of them will really
help with writing music more quickly. If there are other requests or
bugs please let me know. Thanks!

Ethan

Tarek

Mar 15, 2010, 1:09:31 PM3/15/10
to psp...@googlegroups.com
cool, why eliminate the copy gen feature......I find it quite useful....or is it a redundant feature and I am missing it in some way?

Cultivating an All-Consuming Obsession With Music Since 1985
CLICK THIS LINK FOR LATEST TRACKS!

Not so new tracks!
Dance myspace.com/tarekfm
Guitar myspace.com/tarekaudio

Ethan Bordeaux

Mar 15, 2010, 2:03:23 PM3/15/10
to psp...@googlegroups.com
The idea was not to remove copy gen but rather to not have copy gen copy over the frequency of the target track.  It would still copy all the other parameters.  If you wanted to copy the frequency data then you could go back and do a copy freq; or if the source and destination tracks were a perfect match then you could do copy track.  Make sense?  This was a suggestion from a user that I thought was reasonable but if there is a good reason to not do it I'm happy to save myself the work.  ;)

Made anything new with PSPSeq lately?

Tarek