uClinux

Daeron

Jan 20, 2017, 12:02:08 PM1/20/17
to PSPLinux
First of I have no idea if there are still people who will read this, but for those we are;
I found my old PSP couple days ago and now I'd like to have Linux on it, I've been trying for the past day to get it to work but somehow my PSP keeps saying that the files are damaged when I try to load it up.
What I have is the uClinux copied in my PSP/GAME folder from what I've seen so far.
Once I have uClinux working I'll probably be able to figure out the rest myself.

Also, I'm using uClinux now but is the actual Linux still being worked on?

Thanks for any help,
Daeron

MegaGamerGuy

Jan 20, 2017, 1:37:58 PM1/20/17
to PSPLinux
Im still here, and interested in psp-linux, however sadly im not a dev of the project :/

bada...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2017, 1:57:44 PM1/20/17
to psp-...@googlegroups.com
I'm still here too. I sold my PSP a few years back but I can grab an emulator and setup a toolchain. I've started college so I don't know how much time I have for a this

On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 12:02:08 PM UTC-5, Daeron wrote:

> First of I have no idea if there are still people who will read this, but
> for those we are;
> I found my old PSP couple days ago and now I'd like to have Linux on it,
> I've been trying for the past day to get it to work but somehow my PSP
> keeps saying that the files are damaged when I try to load it up.
> What I have is the uClinux copied in my PSP/GAME folder from what I've
> seen so far.
> Once I have uClinux working I'll probably be able to figure out the rest
> myself.
>
> Also, I'm using uClinux now but is the actual Linux still being worked on?
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Daeron

Daeron

Jan 20, 2017, 2:02:26 PM1/20/17
to PSPLinux
If you're able to maybe explain how to install a toolchain on a PSP as I don't really understand it, maybe from there I'll be able to install the rest myself

bada...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2017, 2:12:47 PM1/20/17
to psp-...@googlegroups.com
There's no real way to do it on the PSP itself. You have to do what is called a Canadian cross compile to build the toolchain on a pc first. I'll write the instructions and work out the bugs when I get home

If you're able to maybe explain how to install a toolchain on a PSP as I
don't really understand it, maybe from there I'll be able to install the
rest myself

I'm still here too. I sold my PSP a few years back but I can grab an
> emulator and setup a toolchain. I've started college so I don't know how
> much time I have for a this

Crimbo

Jan 20, 2017, 2:27:04 PM1/20/17
to psp-...@googlegroups.com
Actual Linux itself cannot run on the PSP because of the non-existent memory manager, which is why uClinux is instead used.

Have you been able to get Jackson Mo's port running?

On 20 January 2017 at 19:12, bada...@gmail.com <bada...@gmail.com> wrote:
There's no real way to do it on the PSP itself. You have to do what is called a Canadian cross compile to build the toolchain on a pc first. I'll write the instructions and work out the bugs when I get home

If you're able to maybe explain how to install a toolchain on a PSP as I
don't really understand it, maybe from there I'll be able to install the
rest myself

I'm still here too. I sold my PSP a few years back but I can grab an
> emulator and setup a toolchain. I've started college so I don't know how
> much time I have for a this

Daeron

Jan 20, 2017, 2:39:02 PM1/20/17
to PSPLinux
Thats what im trying to get to work, but I cant figure out why it keeps telling me the data is corrupted

MegaGamerGuy

Jan 20, 2017, 2:45:44 PM1/20/17
to PSPLinux
Can you post the build log, or the full error msg?

Daeron

Jan 20, 2017, 2:52:18 PM1/20/17
to PSPLinux
I put the uClinux folder in my PSP/GAMES folder;
after that I load up my PSP, browse to the games tab, then select uClinux from the memory stick and it gives me:
"This game cannot be started. The data is corrupted."

I'm probably missing something else I need to install but no idea what :3

MegaGamerGuy

Jan 20, 2017, 4:09:58 PM1/20/17
to PSPLinux
You need to check the build logs for the toolchain. If the app is 'corrupted' then either you have a model that PSPLinux isnt ported to, or there are errors in the build that result in a corrupted binary. It could even be your game launcher/loader.

Daeron

Jan 20, 2017, 6:05:09 PM1/20/17
to PSPLinux
 How do I get these build logs ?

Crimbo

Jan 20, 2017, 7:18:04 PM1/20/17
to psp-...@googlegroups.com
I'm thinking it might be your PSP model, or the version of the PSP firmware.

 How do I get these build logs ?