Anone interested in older Geotech seismometers?

Bob Hammond

Oct 26, 2023, 10:36:38 AM10/26/23
to Public Seismic Network Mailing List
They are VERY heavy, shipping will cost you a lot, and they may not have the covers that normally go with them.  One is a horizontal, the other vertical.  You can see both in the photo below.  Make me an offer.

seisdisplay.jpg

Guy Tytgat

Oct 26, 2023, 10:51:47 AM10/26/23
to psn...@googlegroups.com
Can you send them to me in France?  😆

Guy

On Thu, Oct 26, 2023, 4:36 PM Bob Hammond <propg...@gmail.com> wrote:
They are VERY heavy, shipping will cost you a lot, and they may not have the covers that normally go with them.  One is a horizontal, the other vertical.  You can see both in the photo below.  Make me an offer.

seisdisplay.jpg

Bob Hammond

Oct 26, 2023, 1:23:43 PM10/26/23
to Public Seismic Network Mailing List
Sure, Guy.  What's your credit card number????  LOL!

Guy Tytgat

Oct 26, 2023, 1:31:05 PM10/26/23
to psn...@googlegroups.com

James Allen

Oct 26, 2023, 3:49:25 PM10/26/23
to psn...@googlegroups.com

Bob Hammond

Oct 28, 2023, 4:55:16 PM10/28/23
to Public Seismic Network Mailing List
Spokane, WA

James Allen

Oct 30, 2023, 4:26:38 PM10/30/23
to psn...@googlegroups.com
I would consider taking tthe vertical one for $150.00 plus $100.00 shipping for a total of $250.00.

Bob Hammond

Nov 5, 2023, 7:45:34 AM11/5/23
to Public Seismic Network Mailing List
I think these would have to be local pickup only due to their weight.

Christopher Chapman

Nov 5, 2023, 9:03:23 AM11/5/23
to psn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bob,

    Could you find some bathroom scales and give us the approximate weights of these instruments, please ?

    Regards,

    Chris

Bob Hammond

Nov 12, 2023, 10:18:52 AM11/12/23
to Public Seismic Network Mailing List
The last one I shipped out weighed 140 lbs which included the shipping container.

By the way, these seismometers do NOT have the cover.

Bob Hammond

Nov 13, 2023, 7:28:07 AM11/13/23
to Public Seismic Network Mailing List
I think it's best to withdraw the offer.  These are pretty beat up and weigh too much to ship at a reasonable cost.

flownmach2

Nov 15, 2023, 1:17:00 AM11/15/23
to psn...@googlegroups.com
I drove through Spokane a month ago, if you had posted this then I would have taken one. 😢