Strong earthquake swarm today in Reykjanes peninsula in Iceland

Jón Frímann Jónsson

Nov 10, 2023, 10:48:37 PM11/10/23
to PSN List Google
Hi all,

This was the earthquake swarm between 17:00 and 19:00 UTC in Reykjanes
peninsula in Iceland. Grindavík town has now been evacuated because
there's now a dyke intrusion directly under large parts of the town. I
don't even know how to start to save earthquakes from this, outside of
few magnitude Mw5,0 and Mw5,2 earthquakes that happened. I am at
distance of 187 km from Grindavík. Currently the earthquake activity has
quieted down a little, but that can change without warning at any time.
There is a high risk for large earthquakes happening.

Best regards,
Jón Frímann
Screenshot_20231110_174355.png

Gerald Payton

Nov 11, 2023, 8:53:41 AM11/11/23
to Public Seismic Network Mailing List
Yes, I have been watching videos on YouTube regarding the impending volcanic eruption.  EQ'a have been all over the place.  I am sorry for the people in Grindaic.
Thanks for the report.
Jerry

Gerald Payton

Nov 11, 2023, 9:02:29 AM11/11/23