Loma Prieta Anniversary

Stephen Hammond

Oct 17, 2023, 10:09:55 PM10/17/23
to Public Seismic Network Mailing List
loma p and steve.jpg
I'm happy to report all is quiet today here in Aptos, CA. While in 1989, the earthquake shattered the Bay Area, many don't realize the epicenter is located 5km NE of Aptos and the location of the PSNsanjose.com site. The Forest of Nisene Marks is at the edge of Aptos, a beach town along Highway 1, 6 miles south of Santa Cruz. It is a great spot to hike in Its dense second- and third-growth redwood forest, which rises from near sea to steep coastal mountains and the Loma P epicenter site.

stephen Hammond

Oct 17, 2023, 10:48:17 PM10/17/23
to psn...@googlegroups.com

I forgot to mention, Dr. Susan Hough, USGS, pointed out the Loma Prieta Earthquake is to her knowledge, is the only earthquake to have its own formal State of California sign.

image001.jpg