HammerHead Coil Sources

Jonathan

Sep 21, 2023, 9:03:13 AM9/21/23
to 'Randy Pratt' via Public Seismic Network Mailing List
I've been having trouble trying to get in touch with Matt from Adapt Engineering and I'm wondering if I can purchase any prewound coils for the HammerHead. Does anyone have any sources?

Thanks.

Jonathan

John Beale

Sep 21, 2023, 11:44:56 AM9/21/23
to psn...@googlegroups.com
I found it possible to wind a coil myself from a bulk spool. It helps to have access to a small lathe. It was a bit tedious, but doable. Later I just ordered the 1550 ft coil of #33 wire (1/4 lb) p/n 4811-33 from Adaptengineering.com but I see that does not appear on his website now, so if he isn't available I guess that's out.
-john beale

Angel Rodriguez

Sep 21, 2023, 8:25:10 PM9/21/23
to psn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am not in the office till the end of the month but I can wind some for you.

I buy the bobbins on amazon and wind them on a little winder I made.

Angel

Jonathan

Sep 22, 2023, 10:24:26 AM9/22/23
to psn...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

Unfortunately, I don't have any tools that would spin the bobbin and I'd have to do it by hand. I wish I had a hand winder fashioned, but I normally don't wind coils.

Angel,

I'd hate to give you more work, but I would appreciate it. Let me know the price. I have another person that is building a HammerHead. If it's not too much work, I'd like to order three.

Thanks again.

Jonathan