Benioff Vertical Seismometer Instructions

JDarwin

May 9, 2024, 3:45:38 PMMay 9
to Public Seismic Network Mailing List
When I decommissioned my Seismic Station at South Valley Junior High School 25 years ago...
I secured the mass in the Benioff Vertical Seismometer for moving.

The other day my wife said either hook up that old seismometer and your drum recorder... or get rid of them.
So I'm trying!
But I have no idea how I secured the mass.

Does anyone have the instructions for the Benioff Vertical Seismometer... or actual experience with one?

Thanks...  Jan Froom Gilroy CA

Earthquake Seismographs and Associated Instruments ................... 254