allow_repeats = false not working??

Xinzhu Fang

Mar 18, 2020, 4:09:10 PM3/18/20
to PsiTurk
Hi,

according this thread https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/psiturk/allow_repeats%7Csort:date/psiturk/uxgTKkD6uHc/uoaH7nyUDwAJ, if allow_repeats is set to false, psiturk will not allow the worker whose id is already in the database  table  that is set to be checked in config.txt

I have a project that was mistakenly set allow_repeats = true for the first round of HITs, worker X took the HIT. I set allow_repeats = false for the second round of HITs. worker X took the HIT again. I have table_name = test in my config.txt the whole time.

in the dataclip generated by SELECT workerid from test, worker X appears twice. Why did this happen? How can i prevent this from happening again?

Thanks

Guillermo Bernal

Apr 10, 2021, 5:57:59 PM4/10/21
to PsiTurk
I'm experiencing the issue in which I set allow_repeates = true to allow workers to repeat the task. In my case, it won't allow me to take the task once I have completed the task the first time.
I have tested this in the sandbox with my account, not sure if that is the best way to test.

Dave Eargle

Apr 10, 2021, 7:14:32 PM4/10/21
to Guillermo Bernal, PsiTurk
Mturk blocks anyone from taking more than one _assignment_ from the same _hit_. If you want to avoid that, post multiple hits. Without allow_repeats, psiturk will block anyone from taking a _study_ more than once, regardless of how many hits are available. Psiturk implements that at a database level.

Cody Wild

May 11, 2021, 8:44:04 PM5/11/21
to PsiTurk
FWIW I also seem to be experiencing a block with a single task across multiple HITs even with `allow_repeat` set to True

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 5.41.53 PM.png

Kara Schwartz

May 12, 2021, 5:56:26 PM5/12/21
to PsiTurk
yup I'm experiencing this too. No matter what i do it keeps happening. This happens even in the psiturk example. Idk maybe this is a bug on psiturk's side.