Creating multiple conditions

Risako Owan

May 15, 2022, 2:22:50 PM5/15/22
to PsiTurk
Hi all,

I want to create an experiment that assigns different groups of problems to different workers, but I'm having trouble creating multiple conditions. My understanding was that once I update num_conds in config.txt to some number greater than 1, the condition variable in static/js/task.js would automatically get assigned to a random condition number between 0 and that number. However, right now, my num_conds is set to 5 and the condition number is 0 every time.

What else do I need to change in order to get random condition numbers? I know there's a get_condition/get_random_condcount function in .../python3.9/site-packages/psiturk/experiment.py, but it doesn't get called (my code didn't break even when I commented that part out.)

I feel like I must be missing something really simple since no one else seems to be having the same issue...