Experiment up and running one small problem remaining

John Mark Johnson

Jul 3, 2021, 11:26:00 AM7/3/21
to PsiTurk
Hi everyone,

The experiment is up and running on heroku. The data is collecting and everything finally seems to be working.

However, I have received emails from the few number of participants that have run through the experiment claiming that the Submit Hit button doesn't work? It's strange because the data is collecting and I don't get any errors. I am sure this is a very simple fix however I am not getting an error anywhere and I also can't find anyone else that has posted about this problem.

Here is the end of my code:

jsPsych.init({
      timeline: timeline,
      on_finish: function(){
psiturk.saveData({
                    success: function() { psiturk.completeHIT(); }
                });
            },
            on_data_update: function(data) {
                psiturk.recordTrialData(data);
            }
});

Any thought are appreciated.

John Mark Johnson

Jul 3, 2021, 5:41:42 PM7/3/21
to PsiTurk
update: experiment is finally up and running without problems.

It seems that my issue when running on heroku came down to the psiturk-heroku-config command. I thought this was working correctly but in fact was setting on_cloud to true rather than on_cloud = 1. this in turn was causing issues. finally caught it and got it worked out.

Dave Eargle

Jul 3, 2021, 6:17:43 PM7/3/21
to John Mark Johnson, PsiTurk
Glad you got it working, but I don't see how ON_CLOUD = true would make any difference from ON_CLOUD = 1. The logic for the most recent release only checks whether ON_CLOUD is set, not what its value is, see https://github.com/NYUCCL/psiTurk/blob/363aa5d2a9aa1cfb7fb0f84a48bb934c7de6e2b6/psiturk/psiturk_config.py#L53

Dave Eargle

Jul 3, 2021, 8:11:41 PM7/3/21
to PsiTurk