AWS billing + PsiTurk?

Amy Zou

Jan 26, 2022, 1:50:45 PM1/26/22
to PsiTurk
Hi all,

I wanted to ask if anyone has experience running PsiTurk with their requester account linked to their AWS account. In the past we've always used prepaid HITs, so I'm fairly new to this approach. I read on the PsiTurk doc that people have encountered difficulties posting HITs after turning on AWS billing, so I wanted to see if that's still an issue for folks, and if so, how you've addressed it.

Thanks in advance for your collective wisdom!

Amy

Amy Zou

Jan 28, 2022, 1:27:38 PM1/28/22
to PsiTurk
Update: we linked our AWS billing to our requester account and it's going smoothly. When I check the balance on PsiTurk via amt_balance, a default amount of $2,500 replaced the old amount we had from our prepaid HITs. We've been able to post HITs and pay participants with no problems.

Specs:
PsiTurk version 2.3.12
Python 3.8
Ubuntu 20.04