This is relevant to Linux users, and anyone interested in writing a
Psiphon 3 client.
I have started writing a command line Psiphon 3 client. You can find
it here: https://bitbucket.org/psiphon/psiphon-circumvention-system/src/4d1161698481/pyclient
This is not yet ready to be released. But it should be usable.
The purpose of this client is:
1. to provide basic support to Linux users
2. to provide a clear demonstration of the Psiphon 3 API for anyone
who would like to write a new Psiphon 3 client
In order to run the Python client you will need to:
1. download the python files from bitbucket
2. construct a valid psi_client.dat file (see below)
3. run the command "python psi_client.py" from a command line.
4. launch a browser and configure it to use the SOCKS proxy at
The psi_client.dat file must contain a JSON object containing the
"propagation_channel_id": a string, like "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"
"sponsor_id": a string, like "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"
"servers": an array of strings. Each one is a server entry like those
found in the Windows Registry at HKCU\Software\Psiphon3 (Windows
client). You can open the Servers value and copy the first line of
data to use as the first element of this array.
All feedback is welcome.