Groups disappear after restart

Grzegorz Staniak

Jul 9, 2014, 7:47:48 AM7/9/14
to psi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I might be missing something (I only use jabber occasionally), but when I try to create a new group and assign some contacts to it, the group only stays until I exit psi -- when I run psi again the group's no longer there. Is this a know behaviour, perhaps by design (a protocol thing, server thing, whatever), or maybe there's an easy explanation? I'm using psi+ 0.14 on Ubuntu (14.04). Thanks,

Greg

Dealer_WeARE

Nov 19, 2014, 12:54:06 PM11/19/14
to psi-...@googlegroups.com
Please update to the latest Psi+ version from our PPA on launchpad. Also hte problem may be with your XMPP server.

Erich Eichinger

Nov 28, 2014, 1:09:50 PM11/28/14
to psi-...@googlegroups.com
I experience the same problem. I am on the latest version on 0.15 for OSX, downloaded from http://psi-im.org/download/

> "Also hte problem may be with your XMPP server."

Can you please elaborate? What could those problems be and how can I verify whether the problem is the client or the server?

thanks,
Erich

Grzegorz Staniak

Dec 2, 2014, 11:08:35 AM12/2/14
to psi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I tried the latest psi+ from the ppa, but without any success: a newly
created group is no longer visible (not even its name available in the
context menu) after I restart the app. Is there anything in particular
that I should be looking for on the XMPP server? I don't admin the
server, so I'd be very grateful for anything that I can pass to the
admins.

Regards,
Greg
> --

Grzegorz Staniak <gstaniak [at] gmail _dot_ com>

Wolfgang F

Mar 2, 2021, 9:06:33 AM3/2/21
to Psi-Users
Reviving this old thread...
Our company switched to a new Jabber server and the feature "contact grouping" got screwed up. I conclude that the group information is stored by the server.
Does anybody know how this server feature is called? Perhaps tha admin just needs to enable it.

Sergey Ilinykh

Mar 2, 2021, 9:18:33 AM3/2/21
to psi-...@googlegroups.com
Like if you've lost the group information at all?

The group information is kept on the server side. A list of groups is associated  with each contact and returned to the client all together by roster request.

I believe your problem may happen on integration of xmpp server with some ldap server. I guess in this case some configuration file for ldap integration defines which ldap labels to consider as groups. Pretty much the same for AD I believe.
In any case there is nothing the client can do.

Best Regards,
Sergey

вт, 2 мар. 2021 г. в 17:06, Wolfgang F <wof...@gmail.com>:
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Psi-Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/psi-users/5b608ff4-4d37-4739-a4a1-ad9427f5e7een%40googlegroups.com.