Auto-connect on application opening on Mac

Lance Goforth

Apr 16, 2020, 11:40:33 AM4/16/20
to Psi-Users
Is there a way to make the application auto-connect to the XMPP server when it first opens.  I'm on a mac - Catalina OS 10.15.4.

Also a way to make it return to active after the system comes back from idle, away, or sleep?

Sergey Ilinykh

Apr 16, 2020, 11:45:50 AM4/16/20
to psi-...@googlegroups.com
It's account settings. Open configuration dialog, select accounts and then your account and configure it.

Best Regards,
Sergey

чт, 16 апр. 2020 г. в 18:40, Lance Goforth <lan...@gmail.com>:
Is there a way to make the application auto-connect to the XMPP server when it first opens.  I'm on a mac - Catalina OS 10.15.4.

Also a way to make it return to active after the system comes back from idle, away, or sleep?

LANCE GOFORTH

Apr 16, 2020, 11:50:59 AM4/16/20
to psi-...@googlegroups.com
I was looking in the global preferences - I forgot there were settings on popup menus.

Boris Pek

Apr 16, 2020, 11:51:53 AM4/16/20
to psi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> Is there a way to make the application auto-connect to the XMPP server when it first opens.  I'm on a mac - Catalina OS 10.15.4.

Yes.

> Also a way to make it return to active after the system comes back from idle, away, or sleep?

It was fixed long time ago. I am not sure that these fixes are in last release Psi 1.4. You may try experimental builds of Psi (from git master branch) or any recent version of Psi+ 1.4.x (which is preferable).

Best wishes,
Boris

Boris Pek

Apr 16, 2020, 11:58:23 AM4/16/20
to psi-...@googlegroups.com
>> It's account settings. Open configuration dialog, select accounts and then your account and configure it.
>
> I was looking in the global preferences - I forgot there were settings on popup menus.

Last year account setting were moved to Options Dialog. This change is already available in Psi+ and will enter into next stable version of Psi. (The release date is not known yet even approximately.)

--
Boris