Unable to login Offered mechanisms: PLAIN

Walter

Apr 9, 2020, 11:42:57 PM4/9/20
to Psi-Users

Hello friends, I have problems authenticating with psi, with other clients it does not happen to me.

There was an error communicating with the server.

Details: Authentication error: Unable to login

Offered mechanisms: PLAIN

OS: Archlinux

psi+ v1.4.977 (2020-04-09, 6af08021, webengine)

server: disroot.

Boris Pek

Apr 10, 2020, 2:26:44 AM4/10/20
to psi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> I have problems authenticating with psi, with other clients it does not happen to me.
>
> There was an error communicating with the server.
>
> Details: Authentication error: Unable to login
> Offered mechanisms: PLAIN

What are your settings in Connection tab in Account properties dialog?
See: https://susepaste.org/view/raw/75113839

--
Boris

Sergey Ilinykh

Apr 10, 2020, 2:44:32 AM4/10/20
to psi-...@googlegroups.com
I just checked xml log with disroot. for psi and gajim it looks the same. So I believe the problem is not in Psi.

Best Regards,
Sergey

Walter

Apr 10, 2020, 7:16:17 AM4/10/20
to Psi-Users
yes, so I have it configured

this error only happens to me with PSI, with gajim it works fine

Sergey Ilinykh

Apr 10, 2020, 7:42:22 AM4/10/20
to psi-...@googlegroups.com
I believe we can't help here. To investigate the problem we need your login/password. Most likely it's not an option for you.
As I said xml log for both Psi and Gajim looks the same.
The only idea which comes in mind - you have some very rare symbols in your username and maybe password too which are unproperly encoded. In this case it's likely a Psi bug.

Best Regards,
Sergey

Walter

Apr 10, 2020, 7:51:36 AM4/10/20
to Psi-Users
yes my password uses characters and symbols ...
This is just an example

3,vzR:j?z^

El viernes, 10 de abril de 2020, 7:42:22 (UTC-4), Rion escribió:
I believe we can't help here. To investigate the problem we need your login/password. Most likely it's not an option for you.
As I said xml log for both Psi and Gajim looks the same.
The only idea which comes in mind - you have some very rare symbols in your username and maybe password too which are unproperly encoded. In this case it's likely a Psi bug.

Best Regards,
Sergey

пт, 10 апр. 2020 г. в 14:16, Walter <walterca...@gmail.com>:
yes, so I have it configured

this error only happens to me with PSI, with gajim it works fine

El viernes, 10 de abril de 2020, 2:26:44 (UTC-4), Boris Pek escribió:
Hi,

> I have problems authenticating with psi, with other clients it does not happen to me.
>
> There was an error communicating with the server.
>
> Details: Authentication error: Unable to login
> Offered mechanisms: PLAIN

What are your settings in Connection tab in Account properties dialog?
See: https://susepaste.org/view/raw/75113839

--
Boris

Sergey Ilinykh

Apr 10, 2020, 8:18:09 AM4/10/20
to psi-...@googlegroups.com
I mean rare unicode symbols. Not ascii/latin.

Best Regards,
Sergey

пт, 10 апр. 2020 г. в 14:51, Walter <walterca...@gmail.com>:
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/psi-users/acd9f1eb-4aff-4b81-90ac-b448f4b8ffb9%40googlegroups.com.