CPU Info + other hw info

tvn

Nov 19, 2009, 2:10:17 AM11/19/09
to PSI - Python System Information
Hi, I've been looking for a python script that outputs something
about my system information such as Vendor names, Models, etc on
CPU, Ram, Graphic Card, Disk etc. The closest I can find is PSI but
it seems not to be a hwinfo program - any ideas on where I can find
such prog ? Thanks

Floris Bruynooghe

Nov 19, 2009, 4:52:18 AM11/19/09
to tvn, PSI - Python System Information
Hello
There is an experimental branch that contains a "host" module, which
eventually might contain some of the stuff you want (it's more aiming
towards runtime behaviour of those things rather the describing them).
But that's not going to be ready any time soon anyway.

I don't know of any other projects that give that kind of information
for python. For now your best bet is to parse the output of another
program (hal, hwinfo, ...) I think.

Regards
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom