Multiple socket with Plack::Handler::FCGI

Xavier Guimard

Feb 22, 2017, 9:04:43 AM2/22/17
to psgi-plack
Hi all,
I'm using Plack/FCGI with Nginx. We have a heavy load on these servers and Unix socket is saturated. Is there a way to open multiple sockets using Plack::Handler::FCGI ?

Andy Colson

Feb 22, 2017, 11:15:57 AM2/22/17
to psgi-...@googlegroups.com
I doubt your unix socket is saturated.  Unix socket can move more data than disk, and your 1Gbit network card, let alone your 10MBit upload via ISP.

Also, multiple sockets would be useless because one http connection gets one FCGI backend, normally.  Unless you've gone out of your way to write a multi-threaded Plack app.  Have you?

Concurrency is normally handled by running many instances of your app.  How many do you run?

What sort of measurements have you taken?  Why do you think its socket throughput that's your bottleneck?

-Andy

--

---