Keep Plack -r working when commandline closed...?

aj metz

Oct 23, 2015, 1:33:21 PM10/23/15
to psgi-plack

I recently got mod_fastcgi installed and working on an apache2 server.
Now I'm using Plackup to start a catalyst app's psgi script,
and I'm using -r to indicate it should watch for changes, and reload the
fast cgi server when changes are detected.

It does this fine, as long as my commandline terminal is still open.
The moment I close it, the server continues to run, yet any watching for
changes, killing, and restarting no longer happens (as far as I can tell).

Is there any way to get Plack's scripts that watch and reload (i.e.
Restarter.pm, etc), to continue to run after I close OSX's terminal window /
end the SSH session?

Many thanks for any insights offered,

Yours,
Andrew.

Olaf Alders

Oct 23, 2015, 1:54:05 PM10/23/15
to psgi-...@googlegroups.com
If it's just a development environment, I keep a tmux session open with the app running. Then I just re-attach to the session when I log in to the machine again.

Olaf

aj metz

Oct 23, 2015, 1:55:47 PM10/23/15
to psgi-plack
Turns out it's super easy to run it in the background, =).

You just add "&" to the end of the commandline, =D.

^_^ Am learning these little server tricks, ;-).

[Tweeted Tatsuhiko Miyagawa, who was kind enough to promptly
respond, with this little gem, =D. Yay!]

Yours,
Andrew.