OSS projects using psake

Borek Bernard

Feb 2, 2012, 9:11:25 AM2/2/12
to psake-users
Hi, which are some examples of OSS projects using psake so that I can
look at how people are doing things etc? I'm just about to start using
psake and learning by example is my favorite approach.

Thanks,
Borek

satish venkatakrishnan

Feb 2, 2012, 10:19:25 AM2/2/12
to psake...@googlegroups.com
RavenDB and some of the aynede projects has the PSake Implementation
https://github.com/ravendb/ravendb

Jonathan Matheus

Feb 2, 2012, 12:13:56 PM2/2/12
to psake...@googlegroups.com
NServiceBus uses psake.

I also put up some powershell modules I wrote to build and deploy .net projects on github. They have sample scripts using psake. Some of the modules need updating. I'll update them if you're interested.

https://github.com/kblooie/PSBuildModules

Peter Seale

Feb 2, 2012, 1:16:02 PM2/2/12
to psake...@googlegroups.com
100% money!

For those of us who are lazy like me, the .psm1 modules that do all the work are in  https://github.com/kblooie/PSBuildModules/tree/master/Src

I am particularly fond of your MSBuild.psm1 which runs into a lot of the same problems I did

Jonathan Matheus

Feb 2, 2012, 1:57:27 PM2/2/12
to psake...@googlegroups.com
Cool. I'll update those modules to a more recent version in a bit.

matt wrock

Feb 18, 2012, 3:32:05 PM2/18/12
to psake-users
Requestreduce HTTP://github.com/mwrock/requestreduce uses it. Love it!
Runs tests and deploys my nuget packages.

Ian Davis

Feb 4, 2012, 5:50:16 PM2/4/12
to psake-users
I created Toji: https://github.com/idavis/Toji which is built off of
psake. It gives you an instant PowerShell build setup. Here's a demo:
http://vimeo.com/31833163

-Ian

Ian Davis

Feb 19, 2012, 12:29:09 AM2/19/12
to psake...@googlegroups.com
I'm glad you like it. I just published 0.2.1 which has a lot of
enhancements and fixes. It now works properly in CI environments as.
Getting the build to properly fail when msbuild failed was very
frustrating. The output messages are also reworked to show you the
command in detail that failed to execute. I am trying to figure out a
clean way to bootstrap the psake-contrib stuff, but there is no nuget
package for them.

If you upgrade, I recommend removing your root build.ps1 and build.cmd
prior to installing the package. I would also suggest that you browse
through the github repo for changes to the build\build.ps1,
build\settings.ps1, and the new build\overrides.ps1

Thanks!

> --

Ian Davis