psake project maintenance

Damian Hickey

Apr 29, 2014, 7:27:00 AM4/29/14
to psake...@googlegroups.com
For the last while I appear to have taken over the lead in maintaining psake. The early project leaders seem to have stepped back completely so I thought I'd just make a brief statement on how I stand on things. At this point, I am only interested in helping to keep psake ticking over; that is, fixing show stopping bugs (i.e. new .net framework & paths etc). I am not interested in becoming any sort of visionary, nor lead it to bigger and better things beyond the awesomeness that it already is now. As such I won't be dealing with any PRs that add or change functionality unless, again, it is a show stopper. If someone would like to be the visionary, please step up and reach out to James K.

In time, I expect that I will move to an x-plat build tool of some sort (contenders at this point are bau & sake) and when that happens, I'll be stepping back completely.

Cheers,

Damian

matt wrock

Apr 29, 2014, 10:04:42 AM4/29/14
to psake...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Damien for all that you have done here!

I'm hoping that this is more of an indicator that psake is "done" rather than dead. One of the key value points of psake is its simplicity. I love the fact that it is just a few hundred lines of code and I dont have any problem telling people to just read the source to fully understand its functionality. Hopefully as bugs arise along with new PS versions and what not, someone will be able to gain commit rights to fix them.

Damian Hickey

Apr 29, 2014, 10:15:50 AM4/29/14
to psake...@googlegroups.com
Your welcome :)

It definitely feels more 'done' to me that dead. It's been fairly solid for a number of years and it's never left me 'wanting'. I'm sure I'll have projects still using it for many years to come.