Broken specs

James Kovacs

Sep 27, 2012, 2:45:46 PM9/27/12
to psak...@googlegroups.com
Hi, everyone,

Some pull requests have broken the specs in psake. (We have 3 failing specs at the moment.) After merging a pull request locally, you should run ./psake-buildTester.ps1 to ensure that all specs pass. New features and bug fixes should include a spec too. Any volunteers to help fix the broken specs? I fixed one out of three, but not sure when I'll be able to get around to the other two.

We also have six open pull requests that need review and 17 issues that require triage. Any volunteers?

James
--
James Kovacs, B.Sc., M.Sc.
http://jameskovacs.com

Steve Wagner

Sep 28, 2012, 2:56:35 AM9/28/12
to psak...@googlegroups.com
Hi, what about integrating PSake to https://travis-ci.org/ or
CodeBetter CI and send the failures to these list?

James Kovacs

Sep 28, 2012, 1:09:29 PM9/28/12
to psak...@googlegroups.com
I was going to look at putting psake on CodeBetter CI (since I help run it). I should have done it ages ago, but never got around to it. Given how much I talk about CI, I feel like the cobbler's children have no shoes... :)

James
--
James Kovacs, B.Sc., M.Sc.
http://jameskovacs.com

Jeffrey Becker

Sep 29, 2012, 10:33:27 AM9/29/12
to psak...@googlegroups.com
I'm taking a stab at resolving these broken specs.  I think I have writing_psake_variables_should_pass resolved.  It was checking $config.framework -eq "3.5" which just wont always be true.  For now, I've simply removed the check since it didn't seem to be adding anything to the verification of the spec.  The other, executing_module_function_that_depends_on_another_module_should_pass, seems to be attempting to do some module importing in a way that is beyond my skill in powershell.  Given that the spec was originally mis-named and wouldn't have been executed by the test suite, did this ever work?  If my changes are acceptable, I'll submit a pull request for this and my non-ui host issue.

James Kovacs

Sep 29, 2012, 5:54:30 PM9/29/12
to psak...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! Thanks for working on these issues.

Not sure if that spec ever worked. You'd have to go back in the commit history to check. Probably not worth the effort though.

James
--
James Kovacs, B.Sc., M.Sc.
http://jameskovacs.com

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/psake-dev/-/UnpcHlp1TkUJ.

Jeffrey Becker

Sep 30, 2012, 9:02:41 AM9/30/12
to psak...@googlegroups.com
So after some research, the commit that introduced that spec doesn't seem to have any other code associated with it.  Since the commit doesnt seem to have any other code that would have fixed the potential issue it was testing, and the original author doesn't seem to be on this list, I'm going to go out on a limb and declare it bunk.  All the specs are passing for me; A pull request has been submitted.