PSake NuGet Package

Robz

Apr 22, 2011, 6:35:47 PM4/22/11
to psak...@googlegroups.com
Have there been any thoughts to creating a NuGet package? I know there is one out there, but it is not quite awesome.

I took the liberty of updating that nuget package and adding a couple of things to it.

One is that psake will automatically import the psake module into the nuget powershell console so you can execute it from there. It needs a little more love to point it to the correct location but it's a start. Attached is an image of it in action.

The other is the chocolateyInstaller that in combination with chocolatey (http://nuget.org/list/Packages/chocolatey) you can install psake and have the ability to type psake from any command line or powershell console from any directory on the system.

In the attached image of the command line, I have it opened to a directory that is empty. The first command installs psake:
cinst psake

I had to pass a source because I have a locally built package, not up on the official server.

The part that is really cool for psake is what that first command grants you:
psake

and if you take a look at my other commits you will see help documentation from powershell flowing out to the command line with:
psake /?
ChocolateyPSake.PNG
NuGetPSake.PNG

James Kovacs

Apr 29, 2011, 6:17:14 PM4/29/11
to psak...@googlegroups.com
Cool stuff. I've accepted your pull request.

Thanks!
James
--
James Kovacs, B.Sc., M.Sc.
http://jameskovacs.com

Robz

May 2, 2011, 1:23:45 PM5/2/11
to psak...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!
Kind of contradictory of someone who also maintains an automated build framework. :D

UppercuT is an abstraction over the top of an automated build framework though. With the powershell spec being released to OSS it means PSake may someday be able to be run on Linux so it makes it a possible replacement for NAnt.

DamianH

May 3, 2011, 6:23:50 AM5/3/11
to psake-dev
(Late to this one as well - sorry)

This is available in NuGet package 4.0.1.0.

Since this package has been published James has asked me, and I
agreed, to maintain the NuGet package. So if any problems, just ping
me :)

- Damian

http://dhickey.ie
http://twitter.com/randompunter