BeagleBone Challenge status

Drew Fustini

Jun 11, 2013, 3:36:41 PM6/11/13
to Ed Bennett, Shawn Blaszak, Jay Hopkins, Ste Kulov, and...@andrewkilkenny.com, ps1...@googlegroups.com
Hi - I just wanted to touch base and see if folks wanted to try to meet this week.

I could tonight, Wed PM or Friday PM.

I read Shawn and Ed's most recent posts.  It seems like the general opinion is to get stepper control using PRU with current "non real time" BBB 3.8 kernel working with the PnP hardware.

Does that sound right?

I've not done as much as I'd thought I would thus far.  I've been reading a lot of about the PRU, PRU interfacing and other projects that have used it.  I have not actually tried running PRU examples on my BBB yet.  I was away this past weekend and hope to get into that over the next few days.

Thanks,
Drew