RE: Rowan PRSSA National Competition: Cystic Fibrosis awareness and fundraising event

gloria...@mail.com

Aug 20, 2019, 8:18:08 AM8/20/19
to PRSSA Advisers, ros...@rowan.edu, no...@rowan.edu, galla...@students.rowan.edu

Hello PRSSA advisers and student leaders,

Hope you’ve had a great summer.  We want to remind you of an opportunity for your chapter to receive national recognition.   The Anthony J. Fulginiti Chapter of PRSSA (AJF-PRSSA) at Rowan University invites you to participate in our new National Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Competition.

Cystic fibrosis is a progressive, genetic disease that attacks young people, contributing to lung infections and limiting the ability to breathe. Awareness of, and support for, cystic fibrosis research is deeply meaningful to Rowan’s AJF-PRSSA chapter.  We held our first event for CF in 2013 after the passing in 2012 of Colette W. Bleistine, a former Rowan student and PRSSA leader.  Each year, our chapter holds an event, “Dance Away Cystic Fibrosis” with entertainment and activities to help raise money and awareness in the Rowan community.

Through this competition, your PRSSA chapters are invited to create a campaign and host a day-long event in November 2019 focused on cystic fibrosis awareness and raising funds for research. The top four chapters will receive a cash prize at the National PRSSA Conference in the fall of 2020.  The attached package includes all the details, and we hope you’ll make your chapter aware of this opportunity as soon as possible.  Some key points:

  • Registrations for PRSSA chapters who want to compete are due to me October 31, 2019.  You can email me at ros...@rowan.edu.
  • Chapters will hold their events or campaigns in November 2019 and need to confirm their participation with me at  ros...@rowan.edu.
  • Completed competition packages should be submitted to me at ros...@rowan.edu by December 20, 2019.
  • A panel of Rowan students, faculty, and professionals will evaluate the portfolios and select first, second, third and honorable mention recipients.

Rowan encourages you to compete in the National Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Competition.  Together, we can make a difference. Just imagine the impact your chapter can have. If you plan to take part, please let us know as soon as possible, and start planning right away.  Please contact me with any questions.

Wishing you a great fall semester!

Sincerely,

Gloria Barone Rosanio, AJF-PRSSA Professional Advisor

Adjunct Professor

Rowan University

301 High St., Glassboro, N.J. 08028

ros...@rowan.edu