Trends in PR programs nationally

Michelle Ouellette

Nov 5, 2019, 9:01:44 AM11/5/19
to PRSSA Advisers
Hi,

We are currently in the process of reviewing our program and how it fits with the needs of our students, our college and the larger community. Our enrollment numbers have gone down slightly in recent years. I am wondering what faculty from other colleges are seeing and would love some feedback.

  1. Are you seeing increases or decreases in enrollment? If so, what do you think accounts for them?
  2. It seems to me that PR is a found major. Many students don't go to college looking for a program but discover it and are interested in it once they are exposed to what we do. Do you find this to be true? How are students finding your programs?
  3. What changes have you made in recent years to make your program a more viable offering for students who may be interested in the field?
  4. Do you have any other words of wisdom -- things programs should seek out or avoid?
Thank you, in advance, for thinking "aloud" with me! If you'd like to message me offline, I can be reached at michelle....@plattsburgh.edu.

Best,

Michelle