Baterry problem on prs-600

Mladen Bruck

Aug 9, 2013, 4:30:47 PM8/9/13
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
I have updated prs-600 to newest firmware 2.1.0.1. alpha...

Battery can not last less than one day.

What can I do, except to return to original firmware.  :(

Mikheil Sukhiashvili

Aug 10, 2013, 1:24:30 AM8/10/13
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
If you are playing games, especially chess, this is normal behaviour (when you read reader sleeps, when you play chess it has to "think").

If it's only when reading, full shutdown / start should fix it.

Mladen Bruck

Aug 11, 2013, 5:18:34 PM8/11/13
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
I did't play any games. I changed several items in setup. I have restarted to defailt, and disable poer management. Today look like it is ok.

BUT, now I run into bigger problems.  I have installed one book and after that screen is totaly empty and there is only "11skin/l/string..." on the bottom of screen is shown.  I have deleted that book, but no help.

Reader is visible in windows, and in Sony application.
I have reversed to original firmware with "Uninstaller_600", all goes ok, but reader still can't boot, and same sentence is on the screen ! :(

HELP....

Mikheil Sukhiashvili

Aug 11, 2013, 5:26:51 PM8/11/13
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
No worries, your problem is easy to fix.

the fskin/.... happens when there is combination of:

1) file system is corrupt (dirty power off/ remove from usb/ something hung the reader while it was updating cache)
2) cache xml is afected by #1

do the following:
1) reset the reader
2) connect it to the PC while it is booting
3) Format internal memory of the reader  (WARNING: this apparently erase all books you had there)
4) Immediately reset again

Mladen Bruck

Aug 11, 2013, 5:46:11 PM8/11/13
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
My good you FAST !!!! I just wanted to submit that I resolve problem, but you have been faster..... I deleted all from internal memory, didn't have courage to format.

Thank you anyway Mikheil !!!!

GastonP

Aug 11, 2013, 8:45:05 PM8/11/13
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
When this happens to me, instead of formatting the internal memory I just do a filesystem check and repair on it. So far, it didn't fail to bring the reader back to life without problems.
   Gaston