Re: PRS+ 600 add own languages

Mikheil Sukhiashvili

Jan 31, 2021, 11:31:12 AM1/31/21
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
How does file listing look like in PRS+? What do you see instead of japanese filenames?

I assume you have edited font file and not simply replaced it (font names inside it must match reader's defaults)

On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 1:43 PM Raspberrynani <daryl...@gmail.com> wrote:
How can I modify prs plus firmware so that is could read japanese file names
my understanding is that PRSPInstaller\prsp\FONT.img contains the font
but after decompressing, and merging the prs+ fonts with japanese font and repacking it to my device the device boots into prs plus sucessfully it still cant show japanese file name

attached is the firmware which contain the japanese font but wont read Japanese file name the modified file is tt0003m and tt0011m which now contain japanese font

 firmware

Raspberrynani

Feb 1, 2021, 2:15:42 AM2/1/21
to PRS+ support
Thanks for the help but I've figured it myself the mistake i made is I replaced the whole font.img
But i have discovered that you could just make fonts folder at reader root and add font from there by adding this line to config
 mount --bind /Data/fonts /opt/sony/ebook/FONT

Romek Koot

Feb 5, 2021, 1:23:00 PM2/5/21
to PRS+ support
Sorry to interrupt,Can older PRS+,or at least russification from boroda interrupt with original Sony formware updating?Mine updater starts fine,then after second or third restart,instead updating process,it starts to load library,aka failed.

Mikheil Sukhiashvili

Feb 5, 2021, 1:24:37 PM2/5/21
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
In short, yes.
With PRS+ you can run batch file on boot without re-flushing anyting.

Romek Koot

Feb 5, 2021, 1:29:10 PM2/5/21
to PRS+ support
Im not entirely shure,i even have PRS+,about device:hack information:(duh!),russification porkupan (boroda) version 1.05k.Thing is,reader works fine,but only with english text,russian epub looks like ?????????????????.So i wanted to install lates PRS+.its installation sent me to update original firmware first,but i cant update original firmware via original updater.

Romek Koot

Feb 5, 2021, 1:30:23 PM2/5/21
to PRS+ support
first time in google groups,im probably in somebody elses thread.How one starts own thread here?

Romek Koot

Feb 5, 2021, 1:34:16 PM2/5/21
to PRS+ support
Its not that big deal,if it stays as it is,thing is,my older daughter wanted to start reading!And with modern kids its thing to be proud of,so i thinked to give her my old Sony PRS-650.Cant afford buy new one right now,due korona world economy drawbacks,im currently unemployed,so i cant afford to buy anything,except food and pay for rent.Would be nice,to get my old PRS-650 to display russian correctly.but if it isnt possible....well,what you can do...

Romek Koot

Feb 5, 2021, 1:38:15 PM2/5/21
to PRS+ support
where can i get older firmware,the 1.0.00.08100,?Maybe i manage to reflush it,to get my prs-650 to original state (i doupt),and then i can upadate it,and then PRS+ for russian text support.I knew its is always hard to reflush firmware with same on some devices (wont allow to do it)

Raspberrynani

Feb 6, 2021, 8:50:43 AM2/6/21
to PRS+ support
You could find the firmware archive and downloads in  Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.

Mikheil Sukhiashvili

Feb 6, 2021, 11:58:22 AM2/6/21
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
You either have borodoa's firmware, or PRS+, not both.
This old thread has links to how Japanese users were using PRS+:

Romek Koot

Feb 8, 2021, 7:13:04 AM2/8/21
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
Well, there https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=204708&st=20#entry104089976 somebody saved all PRS-650 related stuff,from back,when those were new devices,i managed update boroda to version 1.05 m,that also updated original Sony software to version 1.0.00.14080 without nagging (update_bat,no exe updater).So right now i have latest firmware PRS-650 with working russian epubs,so i let it be.On 2 different forums they called PRS+ buggy.Borodas russification seems work for my needs,so i let it be.I think Sony exe updater is either bugged for Windows 10 environment,or old boroda version 1.05 k i had on reader,prevented updating.(i managed finely exe update firmware to https://archive.org/details/ebook-applications-firmware one from that company,just didnot like it,so i removed it.So in general,in W 10 environment other company exe updater worked,boroda update_bat worked,Sony didnot work.Must be Sony issue)