Where can I find stock firmware for PRS-300?

Shikhanshu Agarwal

Jan 11, 2017, 9:34:40 PM1/11/17
to PRS+ support
I am resurrecting my long dead PRS-300 after finding a new battery and charger online. I forgot that I have PRS+ installed on it.
I would like to keep the original/stock firmware handy just in case I run into issues with PRS+.

Where can I find the original (latest) firmware for PRS-300 and how do I go about replacing PRS+ with it?

I called up Sony support and they had no clue what I was talking about :) They said, "please install Reader application on your PC".

Mikheil Sukhiashvili

Jan 12, 2017, 2:56:45 AM1/12/17
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com

Shikhanshu Agarwal

Jan 12, 2017, 9:40:37 AM1/12/17
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! Thanks a lot.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "PRS+ support" group.

Shikhanshu Agarwal

Jan 12, 2017, 12:24:13 PM1/12/17
to PRS+ support
One more thing. My device is not bricked. I am able to use PRS+ just fine. But I just want to go back to stock, because I don't need PRS+ features.
So on the link you provided, do I just need to download the "Original Firmware - Uninstalled_300.zip" and put the folder in the reader?
Or do I need to use the "Hack_Update.zip" thing too? If so, what to do with it?

On Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 11:56:45 PM UTC-8, Mikheil Sukhiashvili wrote:
On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 3:34 AM, Shikhanshu Agarwal <shikh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am resurrecting my long dead PRS-300 after finding a new battery and charger online. I forgot that I have PRS+ installed on it.
I would like to keep the original/stock firmware handy just in case I run into issues with PRS+.

Where can I find the original (latest) firmware for PRS-300 and how do I go about replacing PRS+ with it?

I called up Sony support and they had no clue what I was talking about :) They said, "please install Reader application on your PC".

Mikheil Sukhiashvili

Jan 12, 2017, 1:04:55 PM1/12/17
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
Use original.

Shikhanshu Agarwal

Jan 12, 2017, 1:16:50 PM1/12/17
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
So unzip the uninstaller_300.zip, and put the folder "Uninstaller_300" in the root of the reader? The flashing will automatically happen? Sorry for the noob questions.

Thanks,
Shikhanshu

Shikhanshu Agarwal

Jan 12, 2017, 10:44:34 PM1/12/17