PRS-350

bean

Jun 1, 2014, 12:25:09 PM6/1/14
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
Model / PRS+ version?
PRS350 / sony original firmware 1.0.00.08100

My 350 was installed with porkupan's firmware. I recovered the system using "PRS350.Flash.Package.orig.zip", since it couldn't be done with sony official updater. I tried to install PRSP_350_2.1.02alpha, however the installer stuck at the error message "unsupported firmware". Any idea how to get around the problem? Thank you.

Mikheil Sukhiashvili

Jun 1, 2014, 12:51:52 PM6/1/14
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
Reset the reader, connect it to PC while it is booting and remove the PRSP installer.

wumin...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2014, 11:09:10 PM6/3/14
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the response. If you mean reset then connect to pc while booting and execute the prep installer, I've done that. Unfortunately, doesn't work.

As I remember there used to be manual install method involve some launcher on device end, but only work with much earlier version.

在 2014年6月2日星期一UTC+8上午12时51分52秒,Mikheil Sukhiashvili写道:

Mikheil Sukhiashvili

Jun 4, 2014, 2:47:37 AM6/4/14
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I thought your problem was not being able to get rid of the installer. =)
For forcefully overwriting your firmware, check this wiki page:

first step installs 505's firmware (it kinda works, but eats battery very fast), second one "restores" US version of 300's firmware.