Further development—where shall I start?

已查看 115 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Matt Sephton

未读,
2017年11月28日 05:26:142017/11/28
收件人 PRS+ support
Hi all,

I recently picked up my first ereader (Sony PRS-650) and am really enjoying reading and using/modifying PRS+.

Whilst this project is on (permanent?) hiatus there a few little things I fancy fixing myself. So I wondered if there was any development overview/summary other than me just diving into the code?

The first issue I want to tackle is a setting that forces the extended font size settings to be reapplied whenever there is a "User EPUB Style (CSS File)" change. I have some books that behave badly and set everything to small.

I have also found the bold/italic/bolditalic/etc TTF font files if the system typefaces—including WGL4 Pan-European support—which I'd like to include.

Cheers!
matt

Mikheil Sukhiashvili

未读,
2017年11月28日 06:36:322017/11/28
收件人 prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

all wiki pages that we had are on github site:

Unfortunately there is no "how to develop" page of type that you need (hacking into the system).

Most developers who participated in project started by reading js files (they are verbose) and then reading decompiled sony files.

Sony first switched to Android platform,then stopped producing readers altogether, that's why there is not much interest in further development.

Don't hesitate to ask questions, if you have any.

regards,
kartu

Matt Sephton

未读,
2017年11月28日 09:43:302017/11/28
收件人 PRS+ support
Great! Thanks.

I'm aware it's old, I just fancy hacking on it. I have a Sony PRS-T3 also, but not been jailbroken as far as I know?

I think I've seen how to image the partition, and guess I can copy the partition as files over the CLI?

What form are the Kinoma files in on their system? More than web technologies? If so how do I go about decompling?

Mikheil Sukhiashvili

未读,
2017年11月28日 09:52:592017/11/28
收件人 prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
Pre-android sony's work as follows.
XML files define widgets (for both layouts).
Widgets in those could call "sandboxed" javascript methods.
The rest is javascript.
Some functions are implemented in binery code (c++ likely), and can be called from javascript.

Use igorsk's decompiler to decode bytecode into quite pretty javascript (it could also be located in so files).
It is available on the internet, but I don't remember the exact name for the utility :(.

Just XML might be enough for your purposes.

Existing PRS+ code allows you to hack into anything / replace any file.

regards,
kartu

Mikheil Sukhiashvili

未读,
2017年11月28日 09:57:552017/11/28
收件人 prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
Found it, see attached.
It is a python script. (use Python 2.6 with it, didn't work with 2.7)

*.fsk files contain "javascript like" bytecode that this utility can decompile.
Some *.so files too.
DeFsk.zip

Matt Sephton

未读,
2017年11月29日 12:03:422017/11/29
收件人 prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
Great! Thanks.

That's enough to get me started. Cheers

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "PRS+ support" group.
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子