PONG

Philip Wesley

Sep 29, 2012, 7:24:52 PM9/29/12
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
I know maybe snake may take too much battery, but could you make a pong game? I thin line and wireframe square ( [_] ) will only take a fraction of battery compatered to 1 refresh of the screen, so it could be implemented. I just want a fast paced arcade game on the e-ink display.

Also, I think a wireframe, 2 bit b&w version of Wolfenstein 3D would work as well with minimal battery usage (enemies are outlines, not full pictures)

Mikheil Sukhiashvili

Sep 30, 2012, 5:22:37 AM9/30/12
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
That's not how screen refresh works, even when you update only
fraction of the screen, you eat a lot of battery power.
Arcades on e-ink are not even remotely imaginable.

Philip Wesley

Sep 30, 2012, 5:56:18 PM9/30/12
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
Then how is there a drawing app that works just fine? (without PRS+ and with)

Mikheil Sukhiashvili

Oct 1, 2012, 3:59:27 AM10/1/12
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
It doesn't refresh screen that often and it does drain quite a bit of battery.

Philip Wesley

Nov 28, 2012, 10:53:57 PM11/28/12
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
I don't mind the little extra battery drain too much. I think it would be cool anyway to have snake or pong and I don't think it would take much more battery than drawing.

Philip Wesley

Nov 29, 2012, 6:07:18 PM11/29/12
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
I think as long as the arcade works like the drawing app and doesn't screen refresh often, it'll work.

Ben

Nov 29, 2012, 7:37:24 PM11/29/12
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
At the moment, there is still a significant problem with reader instability caused by using the apps that are currently unavailable.  Until we can get that fixed (assuming we can get it fixed) I am not going to work on any further apps.  Sorry!

chess_ch...@yahoo.com

Oct 9, 2013, 2:17:25 PM10/9/13
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
To Whom It May Concern:

Could you please allow the capability of sorting Text Memos, such as in alphabetical order?  They're all "stuck"  in order of "Created Date," which is pretty worthless for how I use them.  Thank you.

chess_ch...@yahoo.com

Oct 9, 2013, 2:24:26 PM10/9/13
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
To Whom It May Concern:
Could you please allow the capability of editing Collection names, just as one is able to edit Text Memos.  When I'm entering a new name for a Collection, the only way I'm able to edit is to erase, using the backspace key.  Would it be possible, in a future update, to click your cursor in the middle of the word to make the edit, rather than erasing all the letters to the middle of the word?  Thank you.