Problem Installing PRS+ in PRS-505 firmware 1.1.01.25200

MrCauldron

Oct 11, 2018, 3:28:34 AM10/11/18
to PRS+ support
I tried to install PRS+ in my Sony PRS 505. It failed. There was no change to my firmware. Screenshot attached.
prspi-screenshot.jpg

Mikheil Sukhiashvili

Oct 11, 2018, 5:21:59 AM10/11/18
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
Make sure you have enough free space left in internal mem.

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 9:28 AM MrCauldron <mrcau...@gmail.com> wrote:
I tried to install PRS+ in my Sony PRS 505. It failed. There was no change to my firmware. Screenshot attached.

MrCauldron

Oct 11, 2018, 8:25:34 AM10/11/18
to PRS+ support
I deleted all books from internal memory. No change. My firmware is newer that the proposed. That is detected by the installer and warns me but it fails after all.

Mikheil Sukhiashvili

Oct 11, 2018, 10:07:00 AM10/11/18
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
First try to run checkdisk on the internal memory and see if it helps.
Sony might have disabled certain features that allowed to install firmwares.
The "reboot it X times to reset firmware" method might work, but is tedious and you could end up with a brick.