error message "Dictionary is disabled!" on PRS-505 running PRSP_505_2.1.01alpha

Anton

Feb 22, 2015, 3:00:14 AM2/22/15
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com

I am running PRSP_505_2.1.01alpha in my PRS-505 and would like to use the dictionary.

However, when I try to start it via "Games & Utilities -> Dictionary", I get the message "Dictionary is disabled!".

How can I fix this? From what I understand, I need to prepare my own dictionary files (how?) and put them somewhere (where?).

Also, I would like to ask what is meant by "dictionary" here. Something for translating from one language to another (I don't need this) or a dictionary with definitions in the same language (this is what I want).

Also I am wondering, can I use this to look up english definitions of words in a book which I'm reading on the PRS-505 on the fly? Or do I have to leave the book, go to the dictionary, "type" in the word? Just asking before I put in the work to create a dictionary, thanks.

bw,

Anton

Mikheil Sukhiashvili

Feb 22, 2015, 4:23:58 AM2/22/15