Query Logging - ProxySQl does not increase the event log file counter.

Slawek Korwel

Apr 13, 2024, 1:53:41 AMApr 13
to proxysql
So my issue is strange. Becuase whenever my query log file hits 100M proxysql creates it again from scratch with the same.000001 number

| 2024-04-13 05:43:51 [INFO] Starting new mysql event log file /var/lib/proxysql/logs/queries.log.00000001
| 2024-04-13 05:46:03 [INFO] Starting new mysql event log file /var/lib/proxysql/logs/queries.log.00000001
| 2024-04-13 05:51:48 [INFO] Starting new mysql event log file /var/lib/proxysql/logs/queries.log.00000001

And I have all the time the same number 00000001.

What am I missing?

René Cannaò

Apr 13, 2024, 2:13:17 AMApr 13
to Slawek Korwel, proxysql
Probably readdir() is failing, and proxysql cannot read the directory it is writing to.
My guess is that either you have a permission issue, or some other issue at filesystem level.

Please share with everyone your findings

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

René Cannaò

Apr 16, 2024, 7:54:49 AMApr 16
to Slawek Korwel, proxysql
Hi Slawek,

I just noticed all your messages were automatically moderated, I manually approved them right now.

To answer your previous question:
A file can be created if a process has write permission on a directory, but to read the files on the same directory the process needs read permission.

About absolute and relative paths, they should both work, but ...
Proxysql considers a relative path just as a filename, not a directory+filename.

This is not an expected limitation, and we will work on improving it.

Thank you for reporting the problem and the solution.

Sincerely,
René

On Tue, 16 Apr 2024, 18:49 Slawek Korwel, <sko...@auxiant.com> wrote:
The reason was a wrong 'eventslog-filename' setting. I had a filename with a relative path to the subfolder. When I changed it to be absolute it started to work normally. Thanks.