Calendar Selection Step is Blank

Mark Johnson

Aug 27, 2018, 12:48:07 AM8/27/18
to Provider for Google Calendar
I created a new calendar in Google and went to add it through Thunderbird. After selecting my email address from the list of existing sessions, the next step where all calendars are listed to be selected for subscription is completely blank. This is also true for my other sessions. All of the calendars previously subscribed to are still present and functioning. It appears to be isolated only to the step to request the list from Google and add new subscriptions.

I've attached screenshots of the output to the error console when this happens, as well as the blank calendar list. It appears the last error to occur, when everything stops, is:
  • TypeError: cal.view.hashColor is not a function[Learn More]  gdata-calendar-creation.js:183:47
Thunderbird version: 52.9.1 (64-bit)
System: Linux mackanic 4.15.0-33-generic #36~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Aug 15 17:21:05 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Provider: 4.4.1

Full distribution information:
NAME="Linux Mint"
VERSION="18.3 (Sylvia)"
ID=linuxmint
ID_LIKE=ubuntu
PRETTY_NAME="Linux Mint 18.3"
VERSION_ID="18.3"
VERSION_CODENAME=sylvia
UBUNTU_CODENAME=xenial

Please let me know if I should create a bug for this.

Thanks,
Mark
Screenshot at 2018-08-27 00-21-07-redacted.png
Screenshot at 2018-08-27 00-21-24.png

Ton Akveld

Aug 29, 2018, 1:04:30 PM8/29/18
to Provider for Google Calendar
Same here. Windows 10, Thunderbird 52.9.1, Provider 4.4.1.

Philipp Kewisch

Sep 1, 2018, 6:38:15 AM9/1/18
to Provider for Google Calendar
Hmm yes, I'm getting various reports on this, but I haven't been able to reproduce.

What other add-ons do you have installed?

Philipp

Mark Johnson

Sep 1, 2018, 4:17:02 PM9/1/18
to Provider for Google Calendar
Hi, Philipp,

Here's a screenshot showing all my add-ons. I'm happy to try disabling all that aren't connected to Lightning or Provider and seeing if that clears it up. But this is a new phenomenon and I haven't added any add-ons in a long time. So it would have to be limited to an update to an existing add-on that started to interfere some time in the last 2-3 months.

Thanks,
Mark
Screenshot at 2018-09-01 16-11-32.png

Mark Johnson

Sep 2, 2018, 11:16:26 AM9/2/18
to Provider for Google Calendar
Philipp,

As a follow up, I disabled every add-on except Lightning and Provider. After a restart, the behavior was exactly the same as described in original post. So unless there is a substantive difference between disabling and uninstalling, it doesn't seem to be the add-ons.

Thanks,
Mark

Guido Meert

Sep 5, 2018, 10:16:43 AM9/5/18
to Provider for Google Calendar
Same for me. Windows 7 Enterprise service pack 1 - Thunderbird 52.9.1 - Provider 4.4.1
Hope the screenshot helps:

Denis Feurer

Sep 6, 2018, 3:18:44 AM9/6/18
to Provider for Google Calendar
Dear all, dear developper, with specific grateful salutations for your appreciated work,

I have the same error. Quite fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04 - thunderbird 52.9.1 - Provider 4.4.1.
The screenshot shows the whole error log since the start of thunderbird.

Screenshot from 2018-09-06 09-17-10.png

Bert Brutzel

Sep 6, 2018, 9:32:04 AM9/6/18
to Provider for Google Calendar
Dear Developer, thank you for your great work.

Same problem here since around one month.

Lubuntu 16.04
Thunderbird 52.9.1 (64-bit)
Provider für Google Kalender 4.4.1
Lightning 5.4

Screenshot of error Console:

2018-09-06_15-25-12.png

Screenshot of other Add-Ons:

add_ons.png

Message has been deleted

Pete Sirois

Sep 10, 2018, 2:03:17 PM9/10/18
to Provider for Google Calendar
Same problem here: Google Calendar list is blank, can't add new calendar to Lightning from my Google account.  Used to work (<= July?), now it doesn't.  No good.

MacOS Sierra v10.12.6 (16G1314)
Mac Thunderbird 52.9.1 (64-bit)
Lightning v5.4.9.1
Provider for Google Calendar v4.4.1

That's it - no other Thunderbird extensions.

Richard Young

Sep 14, 2018, 4:42:57 PM9/14/18
to Provider for Google Calendar
Same here

Tbird 52.9.1 (64-bit)
MacOS High Sierra v10.13.5 (17F77)
Lightning - 5.4
Provider - 4.4.1

I have historical calendars loaded, but can't see them or any others in the list

Richard Young

Sep 14, 2018, 5:01:46 PM9/14/18
to Provider for Google Calendar
UPDATE..

Upgraded to Tb 60 - all fixed and working as expected

Mark Johnson

Sep 14, 2018, 6:31:08 PM9/14/18
to Provider for Google Calendar
Richard,

Very interesting. Thanks very much. Unfortunately, my distro doesn't show a T-bird update available.

I guess whenever they get around to it, I have that to look forward to :-/

Mark

Frédéric Delacroix

Sep 14, 2018, 6:33:12 PM9/14/18
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I can confirm that Thunderbird 60 solves the problem on my windows 10.
Thanks Richard!
> --

It's only a hobby It's only a hobby It's only a hobby It's only a
hobby It's only a hobby It's only a hobby It's only a hobby It's only
a hobby It's
Message has been deleted

Peter Sirois

Sep 14, 2018, 6:47:10 PM9/14/18
to Provider for Google Calendar
Unfortunately, my distro doesn't show a T-bird update available.

Look here: https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/60.0/releasenotes/

Thunderbird v60 fixed it for me too.

Richard Young

Sep 15, 2018, 12:31:45 PM9/15/18
to Provider for Google Calendar
Hi Mark

I had to install the new version of Tb, it was not an update release of 59.

I hope it works for you

Richard

pab...@inosur.com

Oct 8, 2018, 8:52:45 AM10/8/18
to Provider for Google Calendar
You can try to override that function with error using the console, try this:

1. Go to add a new google calendar then locate your calendar page.
2. On the menu bar go to Tools -> dev tools -> error console
3. At the bottom of the console type this: cal.view.hashColor = function(){ return null; } and hit enter.
4. Go to the next page and you should see the calendars.

I Hope it helps

Mark Johnson

Oct 12, 2018, 12:16:23 AM10/12/18
to Provider for Google Calendar
Thank you, sir! Once you described it, it made perfect sense and worked perfectly. Since changing calendar subscriptions is a rare event for me, having to go through this step is little trouble at all.

Very much appreciate it!
Message has been deleted