Google credentials for calendar permissions asked on every startup of Thunderbird: Thunderbird 31.4.0 with Lighting 3.3.3 and Provider for Google Calender 1.0.3

Alexander Nardai

Feb 16, 2015, 7:57:43 AM2/16/15
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
When I start Thunderbird, there is a popup window for every calendar I have. I can login here and allow the provider for google calendar.
But I have to do this every time Thunderbird is restarted, otherwise there is no access on the calendars.
I already uninstalled Lightning and provider, then revoked the google permission and reinstalled everything. No success yet.

Ryan XIE

Feb 26, 2015, 5:46:56 AM2/26/15
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Same problem. How to fix?

Philipp Kewisch

Feb 28, 2015, 8:54:31 AM2/28/15
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexander, Ryan,

could you try removing any related entries in the password manager before re-subscribing to the calendars? Please also ensure you've upgraded to 1.0.4.

Philipp

Ryan XIE

Mar 2, 2015, 10:27:50 PM3/2/15
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Philipp,

Thanks for your help. Actually, I have upgraded to 1.0.4, which could be a cause to this problem because it occurred just a few days ago.

Following your tips, I removed all entries in the password manager, and then re-subscribed to the calendars, but then, it brought me to there https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/provider-for-google-calendar/NTzpPimNHTs. "No Calendars or tasks in the selection box" Wait for a solution. Thanks.

PC

Mar 18, 2015, 4:25:01 AM3/18/15
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Same problem here. Just started today. I tried un-installing Provider, deleting calender-data files and re-installing. No improvement. Suggestions?

thomas weidner

May 1, 2015, 5:29:33 AM5/1/15
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Same here on a fresh installation of lightning 3.3.3 + google calender provider 1.0.4, very annoying...

Clem C E

May 28, 2015, 2:24:54 PM5/28/15
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com, alexande...@gmail.com
I have the same problem: Everytime I start Thunderbird, it is asking for password of the two google accounts I use calendars for, but never acknowledge the password... keeps asking. The calendars are not displaying any event/meeting when the should be plenty. I can still read/write emails on those google email accounts in thunderbird without any problem. Only the Calendars are affected. I use Provider for Google Calender 1.0.3, Lightning 3.3.3 and Tunderbird 31.7.0.

TU1976

May 29, 2015, 4:23:14 PM5/29/15
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com, alexande...@gmail.com
same here

Ralf Lauxmann

May 31, 2015, 3:51:21 PM5/31/15
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com, alexande...@gmail.com
Same here on about 9 computers and a friend of mine has the same problem....

Philipp Kewisch

Jun 1, 2015, 8:50:30 AM6/1/15
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com, alexande...@gmail.com, alexande...@gmail.com
Hmm looks like this is happening more often lately, unfortunately I'm not getting this myself :-/

* Do you use 2-Factor Authentication?
* Do you have a master password set up in Thunderbird?

Also, can you enable debugging and either email me the logs or post here? https://wiki.mozilla.org/Calendar:GDATA_Provider#Enabling_Debugging

I'd be interested in the messages recieved just before the password prompt shows up.

Philipp

Ralf Lauxmann

Jun 1, 2015, 9:04:29 AM6/1/15
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com, alexande...@gmail.com
I do not use 2-Factor-Authentication but a friend of mine with the same problems.

No master Password in Thunderbird is set.

I can still use the calendars, but sometimes it takes a while when changing something something.

I will check debugging. If I understand how to do it I will post it.

Thanks a lot!

Ed Patterson

Sep 14, 2015, 1:21:53 PM9/14/15
to Provider for Google Calendar, alexande...@gmail.com
Same here. Just installed the provider. It is not asking for authentication on 2 of my 3 machines, Thunderbird 38.2.0, Lightning 4.0.2, Provider 1.0.4 across the board.

Jason Hutton

Sep 24, 2015, 12:59:57 AM9/24/15
to Provider for Google Calendar, alexande...@gmail.com
Same problem as reported here, really...

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/provider-for-google-calendar/3Wv_Up0k-H8

Also, in my case, Keefox has been updated(1.5.3), and now stores and uses OAuth credentials, so it at least fills in the prompt for credentials that Provider appears to be causing...