Synchronization problems in Thunderbird 78.7.0 – How do I revert to an older version

TC

Feb 10, 2021, 10:58:25 AM2/10/21
to Provider for Google Calendar

Provider for Google Calendar is not working for me in Thunderbird 78.7.0. Meetings appear on the wrong dates. If I unsubscribe and resubscribe, the meetings appear on the correct dates, but eventually they jump back to the wrong dates. (They jump back to the wrong dates immediately if I click "Synchronize Calendars".)

I see that Provider for Google Calendar is specified only for versions of Thunderbird through 78.2.0. I am willing to revert to that version, but I don't know how. Can anyone point me to a page where I can download that version of Thunderbird?

-TC

TC

Feb 10, 2021, 11:02:59 AM2/10/21
to Provider for Google Calendar

TC

Feb 10, 2021, 11:12:27 AM2/10/21
to Provider for Google Calendar
I installed version 78.2.0 and it seems to be working so far. I turned off automatic updates in Thuderbird, so hopefully I won't have this kind of failure again in the future.

Wrldtvlr

Feb 10, 2021, 11:15:34 AM2/10/21
to Provider for Google Calendar
FWIW I have Thunderbird 78.7.1 running with Provider 78.0.1 running under Win 10/64 Slow Ring with no problems. Wondering if you might have a corrupt profile?

TC

Feb 10, 2021, 11:49:34 PM2/10/21
to Provider for Google Calendar
Maybe, but I'm not savvy enough to fix something like that. I'll just stay on the 78.2.0 version.

TC

Feb 15, 2021, 10:05:15 PM2/15/21
to Provider for Google Calendar
Okay, I've discovered that it is very hard to stay on the 78.2.0 version. Thunderbird keeps nagging me to update, and I can't find any way to turn off the nagging. Now it looks like I must have accidentally said yes once, and Thunderbird is telling me that it will update the next time I restart, which means I'll have to reinstall 78.2.0 again as soon as it does. Is there any way to tell Thunderbird I want to stay on my current version and please stop asking me to update?

-TC