Unable to process calendar invites or send/respond to calendar invites

Bob Atkins

Jan 29, 2021, 10:20:59 PM1/29/21
to Provider for Google Calendar
I get the dreaded 'No writable calendars are configured for invitations, please check the calendar properties' which of course provide no solution.

Win 10
TB 78.2.0 (64-bit)

Provider for Google Calendar
Version 78.0.1
Last Updated January 29, 2021

Yes I have tried the latest TB versions as well - in fact it was the result of some intermediate v78 update that caused this problem!

Ever since some upgrade of the v78.x.y I have been unable to process calendar invites, send or respond to calendar invites. This is a MAJOR problem!!

I have no way of going back to v68 without re-creating a new profile which in my case covers a dozen email account, countless filters, etc.!!

I went back to v78.2.0 because Provider for Google Calendar states that it should work and I'm certain it used to work but since TB upgraded from that version I suspect that  something in the profile was changed and now I get the dreaded 'No writable calendars are configured for invitations, please check the calendar properties'  for any prior v78.x.y version that I try.

I have un-installed and re-installed the add-on and TB many times already - no joy. I have denied calendar access at Google and then re-authenticated and re-subscribed in TB but - no joy.

Absolutely Nothing about my Google calendars has changed since the 'No writable calendars are configured for invitations, please check the calendar properties' began. the only thing that happened was a TB update. I can confirm that the same problem has also happened on my wife's computer and my laptop.

I am completely stumped about getting my calendar invites and responses to work again and I really need them to work. I would be grateful for any solutions.

Thank you,
Bob

peshos

Feb 2, 2021, 10:02:39 AM2/2/21
to Provider for Google Calendar
My solution was to basically give up and switch to TbSync + Provider for CalDAV & CardDAV. You need to change the setting extensions.dav4tbsync.googlesupport to true in order to enable Google calendar support in TbSync.
Things seems to work fine for me, excluding the huge CPU load when starting Tb, but I have not occurred any other problems.

Bob Atkins

Feb 5, 2021, 10:05:27 PM2/5/21
to Provider for Google Calendar
@peshos

Thank you for the suggestion. I installed TbSync and Provider for CalDAV & CardDAV and changed the extensions.dav4tbsync.googlesupport to true and my calendars started working again! The important part was setting extensions.dav4tbsync.googlesupport to true - something that I was not aware of when I initially tried it.

As a bonus - I now get my Google contacts integrated with my TB address book which is very convenient.

---
Bob