Cannot invite email contacts to an appointment

Daniel Kehne

Oct 27, 2020, 10:14:30 AM10/27/20
to Provider for Google Calendar

I am using Thunderbird 78.40 and Provider 78.0.1 but when i try to create appointments with guests, no email invitations are sent and it leads to and infinity-loading in Thunderbird. When i close Thunderbird and start it again the guests-adresses are removed.

Anyone knows what to do here?

Salvatore G.P. Virdis

Nov 2, 2020, 5:24:04 AM11/2/20
to Provider for Google Calendar
I am experiencing the same problem,
Sal

Christophe Nussbaum

Nov 20, 2020, 8:13:55 AM11/20/20
to Provider for Google Calendar
same problem

Philip Bondi

Mar 27, 2021, 12:51:56 PM3/27/21
to Provider for Google Calendar
Same here.

Thunderbird 78.9.0, Provider for Google Calendar 78.0.1
Create event with Attendees.  Save.  No invites sent.  Re-open event.  No attendees visible.

b.buyze

Apr 8, 2021, 9:53:49 AM4/8/21
to Provider for Google Calendar

Same problem here... it seems to exist for quite some time and is really annoying... anyone know if a solution is being worked on currently and/or good alternatives?

thunderbird: 78.9.0
google calendar 78.0.1

Philip Greer

May 5, 2021, 8:25:03 PM5/5/21
to Provider for Google Calendar
Yeah, it's been out there for a while - several issues opened up, one here: https://github.com/kewisch/gdata-provider/issues/129

Seems to be related to date formatting?

Uncertain as to who is maintaining the code base these days...

Chris Chaloner (gmail account)

May 6, 2021, 6:49:08 AM5/6/21
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com

The Provider add-in seems to be broken.  I've switched to the TBsync add-in which seems to be much more reliable.  It sends invitations OK.  Syncs contacts better too.  It uses the two-stage authorisation so after loading it it's helpful to log in to your account(s) with the web interface to trigger the security code to your phone.

Chris

Philip Greer

May 7, 2021, 12:19:43 PM5/7/21
to Provider for Google Calendar
Yeah - doesn't work fully for my work account (GSuite account). The calendar comes in, but reminders don't work worth shat. They won't clear after dismissing.

Originally (couple months ago) when I first tried TBsync, the GSuite auth wouldn't allow adding at all (denied due to config setting that my company had made to restrict what type of software entities were/are able to access the API for GSuite). It's at least allowing me to connect and sync now, just the dismissing of reminders isn't working. And when synchronizing my macbook pro degrades in performance highly and the CPU fan starts cranking at high speed (it's a recent model, so no, it's not just a slow system).... Any pointers in getting reminders to dismiss and improving overhead of sync through TBsync?

Chris Chaloner (gmail account)

May 7, 2021, 12:23:41 PM5/7/21
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com

You have to trigger the text-code-to-phone from Google.  I had a PC where Provider was working but the reminders could not be dismissed.. switching to TBsysnc fixed that for me...  Seems it may be installation-dependent.

Chris