Trouble syncing TB 78.5 calendar with Android/Google calendar

Nick Cochran

Dec 4, 2020, 5:00:42 PM12/4/20
to Provider for Google Calendar

I'm trying to sync my office TB 78.5 calendar with the Google calendar in my phone and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong in that my phone won't display the calendar items in my office calendar.  I was able to sync my home TB 78.5 calendar with the Google calendar in my phone - but can't get the office to do so.  Help???  TB in office has Provider 78.0.1 and TB Sync addons.  Neither indicates an issue.

Wrldtvlr

Dec 4, 2020, 5:09:54 PM12/4/20
to Provider for Google Calendar
Not quite sure I follow you, but it's possible we see the same issue: My Google calendar is visible on my Android phone using the Google Calendar client, on my Thunderbird Calendar with Provider and through any web browser at calendar.google.com. I have read access to another calendar that doesn't belong to me. It shows up quite nicely when I view my calendar through a web browser and in Thunderbird/Provider. The shared calendar does not show up on my Google Calendar client on my phone.

Nothing to do with Provider though. Seems to be a deficiency with the android Google Calendar.

Nick Cochran

Dec 4, 2020, 5:15:47 PM12/4/20
to Provider for Google Calendar
Thanks for that W.  Huh, bummer.  I bailed on the installed Samsung Calendar and installed the Google calendar after reading that it worked just to be able to sync with my office - both calendars are worthless if I can't sync them with TB's calendar.

Nick Cochran

Jan 23, 2021, 1:44:09 PM1/23/21
to Provider for Google Calendar
No one else with this issue?  No solutions? I initially posted in early December thinking this was going to be resolved relatively soon, but obviously that's not the case.

To recap: cannot sync TB calendar with either Google calendar or Samsung calendar on my Android phone with latest Android OS.  Why isn't this fixed?

Thanks for any help.