Provider for Google Calendar 1.0

Philipp Kewisch

Oct 8, 2014, 2:58:15 AM10/8/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hello Folks,

I have just release the Provider for Google Calendar 1.0, a full rewrite which now includes tasks support. Despite my efforts to keep it bug free, it seems some users are having issues. If this is you, please reply with:

* Thunderbird or Seamonkey version you are using
* Lightning version you are using
* Any obvious messages in Tools > Error Console
* If nothing obvious, enable calendar.debug.log and calendar.debug.log.verbose in the config editor (Options > Advaned > General > Config Editor), restart, and check again
* Are you using a special Google account type (Google Apps, 2 Factor Auth, etc)
* Anything else that might help me figure out the problem?

Stuart Elvins

Oct 8, 2014, 5:31:27 AM10/8/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
T'bird is hanging for me - its fine if i disable this plug-in

T'bird version 24.6
Lightning 2.6.6

Then I had an update to Lightning 3.3.1 and the issue resolved

Phil Hughes

Oct 8, 2014, 6:08:38 AM10/8/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi Philipp

I have the duplicated posts problem - some but not all post are showing duplicated in TB. They are not duplicated in Google calendar.

When I started TB this morning, I was asked to sign into my Google account, and then the duplication began. There were a number of errors in the log file of the form:

[JavaScript Error: "[calGoogleCalendar] Missing ETag for <lots of letters and numbers>"]
(I didn't want to post the exact numbers and letters in case they might be a security concern)

and one of

[JavaScript Error: "[calGoogleCalendar] Modifying item Log in to all bank accounts failed:<number>: [object Object]"]

I enabled the calendar.debug options, restarted and there are a number of Messages, but no Warnings or Errors.

TB 31.1.2
Lightning 3.3.1
Provider 1.0
Ubuntu 14.04

I also know of someone who has this problem on Windows 8.1, so it is not platform specific.

Philipp Kewisch

Oct 8, 2014, 6:18:05 AM10/8/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the inconvenience. You are not the only one with the double events issue and I think I know why its happening. Could you try re-subscribing to the calendar by removing it from the calendar list and then using the new calendar dialog?

Phil Hughes

Oct 8, 2014, 6:36:59 AM10/8/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
No apology required;) I have resubscribed as suggested and the double posts now no longer appear.

Les Bell

Oct 8, 2014, 6:45:44 AM10/8/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
I also had the double-posts problem - resubscribing seems to have fixed it.

I also previously had an un-dismissable reminder dialog for a couple of meetings from a month ago. The unique factor, common to both of them, was that they were calendar entries made by someone else and invitations I had accepted. I fixed the problem by going to the Google Calendar web interface and removing both meetings - this was before I'd read your unscribe fix - sorry - so I can't say if that trick would have fixed them.

Nice to see Tasks there at last!

I'll let you know of anything else I notice.

Les Bell

Oct 8, 2014, 7:00:51 AM10/8/14

On Wednesday, 8 October 2014 21:45:44 UTC+11, Les Bell wrote:
I also had the double-posts problem - resubscribing seems to have fixed it.

Sorry - double events, I should have said. And FYI:

Thunderbird 31.1.2
Lightning 3.3.1
Provider for Google 1.0 (obviously!)

Les Bell

Oct 8, 2014, 7:27:35 AM10/8/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
OK, here's something - possibly not new with 1.0, but I hadn't noticed it before:

On syncing, I get an error like the following for every event which was placed in my calendar by Google+:

[JavaScript Error: "[calGoogleCalendar] Modifying item Magic in the Moonlight failed:2147746065: A request Error Occurred. Status Code: 400 Bad Request Body: {
 "error": {
  "errors": [
   {
    "domain": "global",
    "reason": "invalid",
    "message": "Invalid attendee email."
   }
  ],
  "code": 400,
  "message": "Invalid attendee email."
 }
}
"]

Ordinary calendar events seem to be OK; these are events created using Google+ (I tend to create family birthday dinners and similar events this way, as I can use Google Local to check out the restaurant and then click "Create Event" on the restaurant page to have the location information filled in automatically). I don't think this is serious; I - and I suspect, most users - never want to modify these events from within Lightning, only in Google+.

As before:

Spencer Rabe

Oct 8, 2014, 8:39:05 AM10/8/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Same issue with older versions and Thunderbird locking up. Had to open in safe mode to update extensions.

Went from:
Tbird 24.6 to 31.1.2
Lightning 2.6.6 to 3.3.1

Everything seems to be working now (using provider 1.0) and I'm seeing no issues with double-posts as others below are.

Philipp Kewisch

Oct 8, 2014, 9:06:21 AM10/8/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hey Les,

It would be interesting to see what the attendee looks like. Could you enable calendar.debug.log and calendar.debug.log.verbose in the config editor (see advanced Thunderbird prefs), then restart, and try to modify that exact event? Shortly before the error message you should see a text with the JSON that is sent to the server, which should also contain an attendee. Could you post this JSON here or send it to me via email?

Philipp

Rob Freundlich

Oct 8, 2014, 9:17:41 AM10/8/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the hang problem as well.

Thunderbird version: Portable 31.1.2
Lightning version: 3.3.1
Provider version: 1.0
Error messages: Thunderbird is hung, so I can't get to it
Special Google account type: none
Anything else: A few things:
  • If I disable the plug-in, Thunderbird doesn't hang for me
  • The hang isn't complete - occasionally I'll get some activity, such as messages loading or a screen refresh
  • I have some non-plug-in calendars as well.  These do load during my spurts of activity
  • I've got 8 calendars I'm trying to get using the plug-in.
    • After my first attempt at using 1.0, I disabled the plug-in, deleted them, enabled the plug-in, and recreated them using the new dialog (nice change, by the way!).  It still hung.
    • So I tried again, this time only using one of the calendars.  It still hangs.
Is there a way to revert to a prior version for now?

Rob Freundlich

Oct 8, 2014, 9:32:23 AM10/8/14
On Wednesday, October 8, 2014 9:17:41 AM UTC-4, Rob Freundlich wrote:
Is there a way to revert to a prior version for now?

I figured out how to revert - I removed the plugin and reinstalled it from the AddOns site, and it put back version 0.32.  I've disabled updates, so for now, I'll be running with the old version.

christop...@uni-bayreuth.de

Oct 8, 2014, 9:48:32 AM10/8/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

first of all thanks for this great plugin, I have used it for quite some time now and really wouldn't want to miss it any more. Unfortunately, since the update the plugin stopped working for me (running Windows / Thunderbird 31.1.2 / Lightning 3.3.1). No freezes though. When the duplication error occurred, I deleted the Google Calendar and if I attempt to re-add it via "Network Calendar -> Google Calendar -> [either ICS/XML URL] / [x] offline support" I cannot click "next" to add the calendar (pressed the button for 5 times or so and waited some time). However, it is possible to add a read-only ICS calendar, which then results in ~50 reminder popups I can't close. I already tried:
- unchecking offline support
- changing the name / color (probably useless)
- using all-default settings

Not sure, if it helps, but here is an extract from the error console:

- First error:
Error: Assert failed: Calendar id needs to be set!
2: [resource://calendar/modules/calUtils.jsm -> [etc.]

- Second error:
Warnung: mutating the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using Object.create
Source: resource://gre/modules/Preferences.jsm

Support is very much appreciated. Keep up the good work!

Chris

mtpr...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2014, 10:35:21 AM10/8/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
I also had to revert and used this information from RF below to do so, also getting back to 0.32.   Windows 7, TBird 31.1.2, Lightning 3.3.1.

I was 1) suddenly unable to connect to and sync with my Google calendars at all, with TBird suddenly requiring a Google login for the calendar and then getting a message cookies weren't enabled, finally figuring out how to enable cookies, but then 2) getting the problem with duplicate appointments above, and, 3) when I tried deleting my google calendar entry to resubscribe as suggested above to eliminate the problem with duplicates, the new dialogue doesn't give anywhere to enter the location of the google calendar, when the google calendar radiobox is checked, the box to enter the link disappears, and all subsequent hits of the "next" button go to blank screens, at the end of which chain I'm told my calendar is created, but, there's nothing there - so having deleted the Google calendar to resubscribe, couldn't resubscribe.

Pavel Zeman

Oct 8, 2014, 1:16:25 PM10/8/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I had exactly same problem with duplicated events, I am using 6 google calendars (every with 200+ events) so I was a bit frustrated today, the best thing was that i started to delete the "double posts" so it was deleted on google as well, hopefully i use it on 2 computers so i had a "home backup"

It's a little drastic, but it worked for me.

To the info:

I am using Thunderbird 31.1.2
Lightning 3.3.1
Gcal provider 1.0

Step by step:

1.    Create .ics backups of your calendars
2.    Delete your calendars in Lightning AND in google calendar
3.    Create brand new calendars in google calendar
4.    Import your backed up calendars to google calendar
5.    Open Lightning in TB - since now we will use only Lightning in TB, if not, i write it.
6.    Create new Google calendar
7.    It will ask you for calendar adress
8.    Check your personal adress of any of your calendar through browser *using browser* and proceed
9.    In next window (btw nicely done) it asks you to log in with your google account. Log in then
10.  After that next window shows you which calendar to sync *BE AWARE only check up ONE*
11.  Done (your calendar should start syncing) If you choose more than one calendar at once, for unknown reason it doesn't sync
12.  Repeat steps from 6 to 11 without step 8 you can use the adress that's already signed there.

Hope it helps,

I use lightning with provider over 2 years now, even task are working,
Thank you very much for your effort Phillip,

Best Regards,
PZ

Michal Korinek

Oct 8, 2014, 3:44:43 PM10/8/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi, after update I see only blank window "Enter username and password for <my e-mail address>".

Windows XP
Thunderbird 31.1.2
Lightning 3.3.1
Provider 1.0 and 1.0.1

Les Bell

Oct 8, 2014, 5:47:06 PM10/8/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
OK, I edited one of the events and then tried to sync.

Here's the JSON:

[calGoogleCalendar] Setting Upload Data (application/json; charset=UTF-8):
{"start":{"dateTime":"2014-09-19T20:15:00+10:00","timeZone":"Australia/Sydney"},"end":{"dateTime":"2014-09-19T22:15:00+10:00","timeZone":"Australia/Sydney"},"summary":"Dinner","location":"Skybar","visibility":"private","sequence":"2","status":"confirmed","organizer":{"email":"undefined","displayName":"Les Bell"},"attendees":[{"email":"undefined","displayName":"Les Bell","responseStatus":"accepted"}],"reminders":{"overrides":[{"method":"email","minutes":10},{"method":"popup","minutes":10}],"useDefault":false},"extendedProperties":{"private":{"X-MOZ-LASTACK":"2014-10-08T10:38:42Z"}}}

In looking at these Google+ events in Lightning, it shows:

Attendees (I): Les Bell

and hovering over the name there shows a tooltip value of "Les Bell <undefined>", so it appears to me that a) it's not getting the other attendees' data at all and b) for me, as the owner, it's not getting an email address it can parse or make sense of. Unfortunately, at this level, I don't think we can see the data prior to parsing.

Anyway, from my perspective, this is just a curiosity or at most a minor annoyance. I don't think you need put any effort into this - you've got bigger fish to fry. This bug can easily wait for V 1.1!

--- Les

Giuliano Zamboni

Oct 8, 2014, 6:07:28 PM10/8/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I also have the same problem with the TBird asking the Google login and then getting the message that the cookies are not enabled.
How did you solved?

OS: Win7
TB: 31.1.2
Lighting: 3.3.1
Provider: 1.0
Special Account: no

Thanks a lot!

Philipp Kewisch

Oct 8, 2014, 7:25:46 PM10/8/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the details. I assume that no email is provided, so its probably just a simple check to see that and then not send the email field. I'll take a short look once my quota is back.

Cathy Winkler

Oct 8, 2014, 7:26:00 PM10/8/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
running Thunderbird 24.6.0, Lightning 2.6.6 and Provider 1.0.
This morning had to log in to Google+, and then noticed the duplicate entries associated with my Google calendar. Tonight, unable to display calendar at all in TBird. Got this error message in attached file. Going through Error Console, see this:
Timestamp: 08-Oct-14 18:32:30
Error: Failed to read 'quotaExceeded' from chrome://gdata-provider/locale/gdata.properties. Error: [Exception... "Cannot convert primitive JavaScript value into an array arg 1 [nsIStringBundle.formatStringFromName]"  nsresult: "0x80570022 (NS_ERROR_XPC_CANT_CONVERT_PRIMITIVE_TO_ARRAY)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://calendar/modules/calUtils.jsm -> file:///C:/Users/Cathy/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/bxshl2nv.default/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/calendar-js/calUtils.js :: calGetString :: line 706"  data: no]
Source File: resource://calendar/modules/calUtils.jsm -> file:///C:/Users/Cathy/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/bxshl2nv.default/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/calendar-js/calUtils.js
Line: 712

and also this:
Timestamp: 08-Oct-14 19:01:13
Error: Failed to read 'quotaExceeded' from chrome://gdata-provider/locale/gdata.properties. Error: [Exception... "Cannot convert primitive JavaScript value into an array arg 1 [nsIStringBundle.formatStringFromName]"  nsresult: "0x80570022 (NS_ERROR_XPC_CANT_CONVERT_PRIMITIVE_TO_ARRAY)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://calendar/modules/calUtils.jsm -> file:///C:/Users/Cathy/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/bxshl2nv.default/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/calendar-js/calUtils.js :: calGetString :: line 706"  data: no]
Source File: resource://calendar/modules/calUtils.jsm -> file:///C:/Users/Cathy/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/bxshl2nv.default/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/calendar-js/calUtils.js
Line: 712

not using any special Google account time, at least as far as I know
calendar error.JPG

porjo38

Oct 8, 2014, 8:17:41 PM10/8/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com

I'm also seeing the 'quotaExceeded' error:

Timestamp: 09/10/14 10:11:46
Error: Failed to read 'quotaExceeded' from chrome://gdata-provider/locale/gdata.properties. Error: [Exception... "Cannot convert primitive JavaScript value into an array arg 1 [nsIStringBundle.formatStringFromName]"  nsresult: "0x80570022 (NS_ERROR_XPC_CANT_CONVERT_PRIMITIVE_TO_ARRAY)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://calendar/modules/calUtils.jsm -> file:///home/xxx/.thunderbird/6q3hda25.default/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/calendar-js/calUtils.js :: calGetString :: line 668"  data: no]
Source File: resource://calendar/modules/calUtils.jsm -> file:///home/xxx/.thunderbird/6q3hda25.default/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/calendar-js/calUtils.js
Line: 674

The calendar is then disabled until I manually re-enable it (at which point error occurs again).

Thunderbird 31.1.1
Lightning 3.3.1
The account is a Google Apps account.

mtpr...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2014, 8:30:06 PM10/8/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
In TBird, Tools>Options>Privacy shows you a Web Content Section with some options for cookie control, that will allow you to set to accept cookies.   If your problem is like mine was, though, this won't really make things trouble free again, it will only let you get past that problem to other problems. :)

Les Bell

Oct 8, 2014, 9:10:37 PM10/8/14

On Wednesday, 8 October 2014 17:58:15 UTC+11, Philipp Kewisch wrote:
Hello Folks,

I have just release the Provider for Google Calendar 1.0, a full rewrite which now includes tasks support. Despite my efforts to keep it bug free, it seems some users are having issues.

I've also started to get the error dialog popups:

"Failed to read 'quotaExceeded' from crome://gdata-provider/local/gdata.properties"

and all calendars have been disabled. Attempting to re-enable a calendar results in events appearing very briefly in the calendar then disappearing again with a gong noise as the error dialog appears. :(

Thunderbird 31.1.2
Lightning 3.3.1
Provider for Google 1.0
Windows 7
Using calendars from two Google Apps for Work and one Google Apps for Education accounts.

The most recent Error Console message - presumably triggered by attempting to re-enable a calendar:

Timestamp: 9/10/2014 12:02:36 PM
Error: Failed to read 'quotaExceeded' from chrome://gdata-provider/locale/gdata.properties. Error: [Exception... "Cannot convert primitive JavaScript value into an array arg 1 [nsIStringBundle.formatStringFromName]"  nsresult: "0x80570022 (NS_ERROR_XPC_CANT_CONVERT_PRIMITIVE_TO_ARRAY)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://calendar/modules/calUtils.jsm -> file:///C:/Users/les/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/tb8yln5d.default/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/calendar-js/calUtils.js :: calGetString :: line 668"  data: no]
Source File: resource://calendar/modules/calUtils.jsm -> file:///C:/Users/les/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/tb8yln5d.default/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/calendar-js/calUtils.js
Line: 674

Steven Stern

Oct 8, 2014, 10:03:44 PM10/8/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Getting Failed to read 'quotaExceeded' from chrome://gdata-provider/locale/gdata.properties after a bit of usage

Thunderbird 31.1.1
Lightning 3.3.1
Google Apps with 2 factor auth

error console:  Timestamp: 10/08/2014 08:59:02 PM
Error: Failed to read 'quotaExceeded' from chrome://gdata-provider/locale/gdata.properties. Error: [Exception... "Cannot convert primitive JavaScript value into an array arg 1 [nsIStringBundle.formatStringFromName]"  nsresult: "0x80570022 (NS_ERROR_XPC_CANT_CONVERT_PRIMITIVE_TO_ARRAY)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://calendar/modules/calUtils.jsm -> file:///home/sdstern/.thunderbird/wp965fj9.default/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/calendar-js/calUtils.js :: calGetString :: line 668"  data: no]
Source File: resource://calendar/modules/calUtils.jsm -> file:///home/sdstern/.thunderbird/wp965fj9.default/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/calendar-js/calUtils.js
Line: 674

Kris Jenkins

Oct 9, 2014, 1:24:12 AM10/9/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
I had the same issues as everyone else, so I reinstalled both Lightning and this add-on. Now I cannot even add a network calendar period; the "next" button stays grayed out.

Lightning 3.3.1
Thunderbird 31.1.2
I can find nothing relevant now in the error console since I reinstalled.

elhe...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2014, 2:23:41 AM10/9/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
The problem with exceeded quota seems to be solved. My tests with 1.0.1 were ok so far!

Mathias

Oct 9, 2014, 2:55:49 AM10/9/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi Philipp,
I'm using TB31.1.2 with Lightning 3.3.1 on Win 8 pro.
This morning when I started TB I was asked to login to my google account. That did not happen since I installed Lightning 2 years ago. After some seconds this error message from PfGC occured:
Failed to reed 'quotaExceeded' from Chrome://gdata-provider/locale/gdata.properties.
My Google calendars are now deactivated. Tried to activate them. My dates flashed shortly in Lightning, than the same error message came and the  calendar was disabled again.

Robert Schosser

Oct 9, 2014, 4:33:27 AM10/9/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi Philip,

I recognized yesterday after getting V1.0 installed, that all my calendars got greyed out and run out of sync.
I had to sign in into my Google account more than once and had to provide grants to PfGC twice as well.
After I deleted all previous calendars and included them once again from scratch, everything seemed to be fine, but it did not synchronize the added calenders. Even a manual sync did not trigger it.

OS: LinuxMint 17
TB: 31.1.2
Lighting: 3.3.1.2

Provider: 1.0
Special Account: no

As I had no chance to get my calendar entries synchronized again in V1.0, I went back to the previous version 0.32 - where it is working again.

Regards
Robert

Remko Welling

Oct 9, 2014, 5:14:03 AM10/9/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
My Thunderbird is hanging completely. Also new created calendars faild.

thunderbird 14.6.0
lightning 2.6.6

hpe that a fix comes soon.

keepup the good work.
Cu, Remko.

Szymon Belus

Oct 9, 2014, 5:27:50 AM10/9/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm using latest TB 31.1.2, Lighting 3.3.1.

I have set two-way verification on my google account and for the calendar I'm using application password. Now, after upgrade, I need to provide my main password for google account. I would like not to do this. Is there a way around this?

BR,
Szymon

Gary Brown

Oct 9, 2014, 5:31:02 AM10/9/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Phillip,

First off, I've been using Provider for about a year now and I think it's great so keep up the good work.

I've not had any problems with it until yesterdays update.  Initially it asked for me to sign into my Google account but once I done this I could access my emails fine.  Today the Google sign in page has stopped appearing and I can't access emails.  I've removed Provider and re-installed but the newest version I can find to reinstall is Provider 0.32 not 1.0.

I'm currently using the following.

TB - 21.1.2
Lightning - 3.3.1
Provider - 0.32

Upon opening TB i get a message containing the error code 0x804b000a.  Have you any ideas how to fix?

Thanks
Gary

Philipp Kewisch

Oct 9, 2014, 9:53:13 AM10/9/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com

Hi Szymon,

note that the login dialog is not something I added locally, its directly being shown in a browser window from Google. For that reason its not different than entering your main Google password in the browser. The provider does not make any attempts to save your Google password, all it remembers is the OAuth refresh and access token. You can verify this by checking the password manager.

Philipp

Martin Hüttebräucker

Oct 9, 2014, 11:22:29 AM10/9/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Same happened to me.
Calendar is not sycing anymore since Update to 1.0.

TB 31.1.2, Lightning 3.3.1

Can I make a downgrade of provider for google calendar to get it work again?

Regards

Martin

Philipp Kewisch

Oct 9, 2014, 11:32:33 AM10/9/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you can downgrade to 0.32 for Thunderbird 31 or version 0.25 for Thunderbird 24. You will have to re-subscribe to your calendars for this.

You can also get the 1.0.1 testing builds from the bug linked in the welcome message.

Philipp

Tochiro Mifune

Oct 9, 2014, 2:53:57 PM10/9/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Even version 0.32 does not work with my TB 31.  I get this error:
"[Exception... "[xpconnect wrapped nsIURI]"  nsresult: "0x804b000a (NS_ERROR_MALFORMED_URI)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://calendar/modules/calUtils.jsm -> file:///C:/Users/Chris/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/cmvzatcb.default/extensions/%7Ba62ef8ec-5fdc-40c2-873c-223b8a6925cc%7D/js/calGoogleCalendar.js :: calGoogleCalendar.prototype.uri :: line 215"  data: no]"

I don't know what to do...:-(

Michael Secord

Oct 9, 2014, 3:03:46 PM10/9/14

On Thursday, October 9, 2014 5:32:33 PM UTC+2, Philipp Kewisch wrote:
Yes, you can downgrade to 0.32 for Thunderbird 31 or version 0.25 for Thunderbird 24. You will have to re-subscribe to your calendars for this.

^^ Philipp answered this, you may have missed it....

Martin Hüttebräucker

Oct 9, 2014, 3:17:32 PM10/9/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
I tried out what Philipp said.

I installed Version 1.0.1 and everything works well now.

Thanks Philipp!

Best regards

Martin

Eric Berger

Oct 9, 2014, 3:22:59 PM10/9/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
TB configured for Google Mail with same account also.

Hi,

I found a funny behaviour in setup. After upgrade from 0.32 the calender entries where gone but the tasks appeared in the Lightning task area. I was recreating the calender and played around with the two ways of setup, with xml-link and with email adress. Finally I created two Calenders (Links). The xml-Link works for tasks, the setup with email adress works for the calender. Maybe not straight forward as designed, but it works.

Beste Regards

Ethan Elliott

Oct 9, 2014, 5:37:07 PM10/9/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
TB 31.1.2
Lightning 3.3.1
Provider 1.0

Duplicate Calendar Events
Provider asked me to re-enter password for EVERY calendar (I have six, all with same username - was an upgrade, so all passwords were there).

Les Bell

Oct 9, 2014, 7:16:46 PM10/9/14

On Thursday, 9 October 2014 12:10:37 UTC+11, Les Bell wrote:

I've also started to get the error dialog popups:

"Failed to read 'quotaExceeded' from crome://gdata-provider/local/gdata.properties"

Upgrading to Provider 1.0.1 seems to have fixed that problem. A minor cosmetic issue: Re-enabling the calendars could not be done by simply checking the box next to the names in the left pane of the Calendar tab - instead, it required right-clicking, choosing "Properties" and then checking "Switch this calendar on" in the "Edit Calendar" dialog. Once that was done, the events generally reappeared in the calendar. However, for three of mine, that alone did not work - one of them a shared calendar listing academic teaching weeks, and the other two my wife's calendars in our business Google Apps accounts. But once the "Edit Calendar" dialog was closed, then the check boxes next to the calendar names came alive and worked properly. Given that this procedure is part of recovery after upgrade, I don't see it as particularly significant and I'm only mentioning it in case it a) helps anybody else and b) gives a clue to Philipp that might help with any other problems.

Great work, Philipp! I took a look through some of the source code linked off the Error Console yesterday and was impressed by your JavaScript-fu. ;)

Fabrice Ona

Oct 10, 2014, 5:32:20 AM10/10/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just tried the beta version 1.0.1v3 but I can't chose anything. I have a blanck windows:

Fabrice Ona

Oct 10, 2014, 5:34:29 AM10/10/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com

Catherine et Sébastien DEFLANDRE

Oct 10, 2014, 8:25:11 AM10/10/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
J'ai fait cela :
J'ai exporté l'agenda suivant la méthode sur cette page https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37111?hl=fr&topic=1672003
puis supprimé tout les évènements du même agenda
et importé l'agenda "basic.ics" dans le même agenda suivant la méthode https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37118?hl=fr&topic=1672003&ctx=topic
Et cela fonctionne, même les tâches.

Hugh Letheren

Oct 10, 2014, 10:25:13 AM10/10/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
TB 31..1.2
Lightning 3.3.1
Provider for Google Calendar 1.0
Windows 7
Fails to present calendar data, as of today I think - calendar is empty.
No error reports on error console, just messages, copied below:
Could not read chrome manifest 'file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Mozilla%20Thunderbird/chrome.manifest'.
Could not read chrome manifest 'file:///C:/Users/Hugh/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/profiles/vjgypa92.default/extensions/en...@dictionaries.addons.mozilla.org/chrome.manifest'.
Same messages every time I start TB
Hope this helps.
Hugh

cisco diet

Oct 10, 2014, 12:00:20 PM10/10/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com

I think I will wait to I install this bit of problematic app.

Message has been deleted

Anne

Oct 11, 2014, 5:33:11 AM10/11/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
I have installed 1.0.1 but I am still getting reminders for out of date calendar entries created by the owner of a calendar I share. The only way to dismiss them is to go into Google Calendar via Chrome and remove the reminder, otherwise they just keep popping up.

Also periodically my own calendar is also showing the padlock icon and reporting itself unavailable. I have reinstalled all the calendars I share using your new interface but the problems persist.

Looking forward to a fix that fixes these.

I am using Win 8.1 on a new laptop.

Fabrice Ona

Oct 11, 2014, 4:25:42 PM10/11/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Provider for Google Calendar just updated automaticaly on my computer so I tried to setup again my calendars but it did not work. I'm still facing the issue with no choice when I should choose a calendar.

I enabled the log but I don't know where to find it.

Thunderbird: 31.1.2
Lightning: 3.3.1
OS: Windows 8.1 x64

Fabrice Ona

Oct 11, 2014, 5:45:35 PM10/11/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Some more news:

I checked my extensions and uninstall some of them (.vcs support, ThunderBirthDay, Google Tasks Sync). Maybe one of these was interfering with your extensions. I also manually remove some old files (more than 5 or 6 years...) in my Thunderbird profile folder. Then I tried to install Provider for Google Agenda but it did not work. So I downloaded it through my web browser and installed it manualy. Now everything is working (expect that Thunderbird tells me to reboot to uninstall completely ThunderBirthDay each time I launch Thunderbird...)!

mtpr...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2014, 6:32:31 PM10/11/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
I also took the automatic update (checked for it because of the note below), and for me, all worked OK compared to last time with ver 1:  Google didn't start asking me to login or talk to me about cookies, and when finally loaded, none of my calendar entries were duplicated, except for entries placed by ThunderBirthday (which I have sent to my Google calendar). I've not tried additional activities like re-adding a calendar, since there was no need.

Thunderbird 31.1.2, Lightning 3.3.1, Windows 7 x64

Szymon Belus

Oct 13, 2014, 3:07:52 AM10/13/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As I understand in newer version it is not possible to go back to use application passwords? In my opinion this is more secure solution because user can, at any time, cancel the password for a specific program or device.

BR,
Szymon

Philipp Kewisch

Oct 13, 2014, 7:36:59 AM10/13/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
The new system uses OAuth directly, which means there is no need for application passwords. The password is no longer saved locally (if you see one in your password manager its from before the migration), but instead the OAuth refresh token is saved. You can, at any time, revoke access for the Provider for Google Calendar in your OAuth console thingy, and the saved refresh token will no longer be valid.

Geert Goossens

Oct 13, 2014, 6:55:52 PM10/13/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Similar story here:

updated linux mint cinamon edition to latest version
Tbird: 31.1.2
Lightning 3.3.1
Provider for google calendar 1.0.1
Linux mint 16
I was also using app passwords, it asked me for authentication (though oauth) but after that no more calendar entries show up in my tbird :-(
Why was this not better tested?!

GG

RHS Maschinenbau

Oct 14, 2014, 2:24:20 AM10/14/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
with the newest versions of Lightning, Thundebird and the provider 1.01 I am not able to add a calendar. It does not show any calendar after I logged into the account with this popup Logon Window. The calendars are for sure there but in the next dialog it does not show any calendar.
This Problem is on all our uptated PC (About 10) The old versions (With no auto update) work fine.

anisc...@bwp-bauplan.eu

Oct 14, 2014, 3:24:52 AM10/14/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hallo Philipp,

ich schreibe mal auf Deutsch, da ich das Problem sonst nur schwer erklären kann.
Ich habe Provider for Google Calendar auf mehreren PCs in aktueller Version 1.0.1 installiert. Zusammen mit Lightning 3.3.1 auf aktuellem Thunderbird 31.1.2 mit etwa 10 eigenen Kalendern.

Die Synchronisation ist leider fehlerhaft. Auf einigen PCs sehe ich alle Kalender, auf anderen nur einige der Kalender, auf einem PC sehe ich nur die Feiertage (ICS).
Bei einigen PCs werden Passwörter verlangt bei anderen nicht. Angezeigt wird trotzdem fehlerhaft.

Ich kann bisher keine Zusammenhänge erkennen, alles scheint willkürlich.

Allerdings habe ich festgestellt, dass sich bei allen Kalendern (auf allen PCs)  die NICHT angezeigt werden, die Adresse verändert hat. Dort steht jetzt immer zuerst googleapi. Das wurde von mir nicht eingetragen und scheint irgendwie geändert worden zu sein. Alle Kalender die mit https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/ anfangen funktionierten noch.

Ich hoffe die Beschreibung hilft ein wenig.
VG
ani

Johannes Gillmann

Oct 14, 2014, 3:27:16 AM10/14/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Yesterday after i removed te old Calender, because it dosn't work, i installed it new and it works.
Today the Calendar dosn't work again, but i am not able to get it work.
I removed all Passwords, and at the Start the add on asked again for the Password, but i dont't get a Calendar for select. No Chance to run this Addon.

Aurélien BLANC

Oct 14, 2014, 3:42:44 AM10/14/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Same problem today, after an update to 1.0.1 yesterday which solved the sync problem but today it doesn't work again... Where is the problem, provider addon ? Google Oauth ?

Ronny

Oct 14, 2014, 3:52:04 AM10/14/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Same here.

The error log show:
[JavaScript Error: "[calCachedCalendar] replay action failed: null, uri=googleapi://<MY GOOGLE CAL URL>, result={
 "error": {
  "errors": [
   {
    "domain": "usageLimits",
    "reason": "variableTermLimitExceeded",
    "message": "Variable Term Limit Exceeded"
   }
  ],
  "code": 403,
  "message": "Variable Term Limit Exceeded"
 }
}
, op=[xpconnect wrapped calIOperation]"]

Enorah Destroy

Oct 14, 2014, 6:22:41 AM10/14/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Thunderbird 31.1.2
Lightning 3.3.1
Provider for Google Calendar 1.0.1

I have 2 calendars linked to a single gmail account. Both calendars would not sync, and I had an undismissable reminder window for an event (clicking dismiss did nothing at all). On the left side bar, little warning signs were beside each calendar.
Losing all hope, I deleted both calendars and tried adding them again with no success.

Here is what I'm doing step by step :
File -> New -> calendar
Select "on the network"
Select "Google Calendar"
It now asks for the account's email address, I enter it (x...@gmail.com)
The next window asks to "please select the calendars and task lists you would like to subscribe to:" but stays empty (see attached screenshot).

Nowhere has it asked me to enter my account's password (not stored in the password manager, I deleted everything).
Capture.PNG

rowan....@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2014, 7:00:03 AM10/14/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
My logs show the same "usage limit" error as Ronny's.

I guess there is a single quota for the add-on's API access, and the more people upgrade to 1.0.1, the more quickly this quota will be exhausted... :|

farbe²

Oct 14, 2014, 7:02:52 AM10/14/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com

We also have the same problem......since today.

t.breit...@gmx.ch

Oct 14, 2014, 7:13:02 AM10/14/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Dear Philipp

Im also in line with others... After the update i got the calendar to work again. Today all calendars are visible but look as frozen. All calendars don't sync, entries couldn't be adapted and new entries aren't possible.

I use:
Thunderbird 31.1.2
Lightning 3.3.1

To solve the problem, i tried the following things:
1) delete and reinstall the calendars --> unlike yesterday, today it was not possible to select calendars from my google account in the "new calendar" tabbox - when i try to make a "new google calendar" and select my account, no calendars are listed.
2) enabled the calendar.debug.log and calendar.debug.log.verbose and restart --> nothing changed.

Any other ideas what i can try?

Stefan B

Oct 14, 2014, 7:27:02 AM10/14/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
use version 0.32 it will work out fine

t.breit...@gmx.ch

Oct 14, 2014, 7:30:57 AM10/14/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
me again - i forgot to post my error message i have in the bug report:

[calGoogleCalendar] Request GET https://www.googleapis.com/calendar/v3/calendars/CALENDARADRESS/events?timeZone=Europe/Berlin&maxResults=50&showDeleted=true&syncToken=CNjKvrfQn8ECENjKvrfQn8ECGAU= responded with HTTP 403

[calGoogleCalendar] Login failed for [EMAIL] HTTP Status: 403 Reason: variableTermLimitExceeded

[calGoogleCalendar] Error syncing:
2147500037:[Exception... "{

 "error": {
  "errors": [
   {
    "domain": "usageLimits",
    "reason": "variableTermLimitExceeded",
    "message": "Variable Term Limit Exceeded"
   }
  ],
  "code": 403,
  "message": "Variable Term Limit Exceeded"
 }
}
"  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://gdata-provider/modules/gdataRequest.jsm :: cGR_fail :: line 220"  data: no]

[JavaScript Error: "[calCachedCalendar] replay action failed: null, uri=googleapi://CALENDARADRESSgroup.calendar.google.com, result={

p...@caiju.de

Oct 14, 2014, 8:21:36 AM10/14/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi There,
We use Google Apps, I just downgraded Provider from 1.0.1  to 0.32  and it seems to work fine.  Had to re-enter all calendar-adresses (not passwords, there were still stored with thunderbird),
As has been said in the forum, also we had to enter google passwords a couple of days ago. At first then every seemed to work OK (a new "Auth token" appeared in the password list), but later no calendar would show. I am not a technician, so I can't interpret more, but am willing to give more info if needed, since we really appreaciate this great App
cheers from Berlin,
Per

Detlef Bieritz

Oct 14, 2014, 8:48:44 AM10/14/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
the same problem - das selbe Problem

Thunderbird 31.2.0

Lightning 3.3.1
Provider for Google Calendar 1.0.1
File -> New -> calendar
Select "on the network"
Select "Google Calendar"
Emai Adress (x...@gmail.com)
Please select the calendars and task lists you would like to subscribe to: - but stays empty (see screenshot).

Carsten

Oct 14, 2014, 9:33:26 AM10/14/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hallo alle zusammen,

ich habe seit gestern das selbe Problem. Ich habe gestern alle Google Kalender in TB und den Provider ebenfalls gelöscht. Danach habe ich den Provider neu installiert. Thunderbird neu gestartet. Alle Addons (Lightning & Provider) auf Updates überprüft. Alle Komponenten sind nun aktuell. Danach habe ich begonnen die Kalender wieder einzubinden. Als erstes stellte ich fest, dass das Einbinden mit den neuen Provider einfacher ging. Ich konnte alle benötigten Kalender einfach anhaken. Alles hat geklappt und funktionierte. Auch nach einem Neustart der PC´s. Heute wieder nicht. Alle Kalender werden eingeblendet aber habe eine Warndreieck dran und kann nichts bearbeiten. Ich kann die Kalender löschen aber nicht neu einbinden. Liegt das nun an Google oder am "Provider" für den Kalender?.

Philipp Kewisch

Oct 14, 2014, 10:02:43 AM10/14/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

unfortunately the usage quota has been exceeded again, I hope to find a solution for this. I might have to reduce the number of requests in the software, or ask for an exorbitant amount of additional quota from Google.

Please either downgrade to 0.25 / 0.32 for now, or wait until the quota is reset.

Philipp

mtpr...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2014, 10:19:23 AM10/14/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
I don't know quite what the quotas refer to, or why some global usage quota would be applied to individual users - does this somehow connect to the OAuth process you mention above? - so, maybe I should just stay out of the discussion, but, whatever it refers to, it seems like a mistake (especially in hindsight, lol, given all the problems) to do something that gets tangled up in that to begin with.   This was never an issue with 0.32 (to my knowledge), is it possible that whatever you're trying to upgrade in making this newer version (which seems to be mostly better integration with GTasks?), that you're going about upgrading in a wrong or undesirable way?   I don't really see why you should be running into the above issues at all, particularly, as it sounds like it is, some sort of app activity quotas that are aggregating the activities of all users of the app....

Holg Rich

Oct 14, 2014, 2:09:15 PM10/14/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Do you want us to contact Google and asl for more quota? Maybe they will accept more quickly if they recognize the size of the community behind your addon...

Philipp Holz

Oct 14, 2014, 3:16:18 PM10/14/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
The Calender made many Problems, so I decied to delete the calender and reinsert it.

New > Calendar > Network > Google Calendar > "entered Google Account Data with 2-factor-authentification" > Please select the calendar and task lists you would like to subscribe to...IS EMPTY.

Do you have any ideas how to fix this?

If you need more infos, please tell me.

Thunderbird 31.1.2
Lightning 3.3.1
Provider for google Calendar 1.0.1
Two-Factor-Authentication

Error-Log:

[calGoogleSessionManager] Reusing session <myMail>@gmail.com
[calGoogleRequest] Requesting GET https://www.googleapis.com/tasks/v1/users/@me/lists
[calGoogleRequest] Requesting GET https://www.googleapis.com/calendar/v3/users/me/calendarList
[calGoogleRequest] Clock skew is 3 seconds
[calGoogleCalendar] Request GET https://www.googleapis.com/calendar/v3/users/me/calendarList responded with HTTP 403
[calGoogleCalendar] Login failed for <myMail>@gmail.com HTTP Status: 403 Reason: variableTermLimitExceeded
[calGoogleRequest] Clock skew is 3 seconds
[calGoogleCalendar] Request GET https://www.googleapis.com/tasks/v1/users/@me/lists responded with HTTP 200

Andrew DeFaria

Oct 14, 2014, 11:46:39 PM10/14/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
I think the addition of tasks support will be wonderful. I was using another add on to do this and it was rather clunky. When I updated this add on because my Google calendar was not refreshing I saw the new interface and managed to subscribe to my normal calendar and this thing called General. Apparently that's the calendar name I used for my tasks. Great. But then it all broke and I'm suffering the same problems everybody's talking about.

I may just downgrade for now but I'm looking forward to this update.

Posted here so that I will get emails about further posts here.

it-servi...@sil.org

Oct 15, 2014, 12:36:28 AM10/15/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Looks like the gcalcli project faced the same issue:
"We're discussing a fix/workaround. Best solution is we're going to make everyone configure their own keys with Google (tied to their own accounts) and oauth2 against those. This results in a simple one time setup per Google account."
Would this be a possibility ?

Roland Bayer

Oct 15, 2014, 2:20:54 AM10/15/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
There are really good ideas/solutions in that post.
@Philipp: Perhaps you can even contact insanum/tresni to get further details on how to circumvent the quota issue - and at the same time push/convice google to increase it considerably
When it is working, your Add-on is just what I and many others need. Thanks for the great work and let's hope we can benefit from it soon

Szymon Belus

Oct 15, 2014, 2:21:00 AM10/15/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

First of all thanks Philipp for your explanation about the new login to google account. Unfortunately newest version 1.0.1 does not work properly. I can't turn off the notifications. Here is the error:

Czas: 2014-10-15 07:56:25
Błąd: [Exception... "JavaScript component does not have a method named: "onAlarmsLoaded"'JavaScript component does not have a method named: "onAlarmsLoaded"' when calling method: [calIAlarmServiceObserver::onAlarmsLoaded]"  nsresult: "0x80570030 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JSOBJECT_HAS_NO_FUNCTION_NAMED)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://calendar/modules/calUtils.jsm -> file:///C:/Users/szymon/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/n4687bqo.default/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/calendar-js/calUtils.js :: notifyFunc :: line 1212"  data: no]
STACK: undefined
Plik źródłowy: resource://calendar/modules/calUtils.jsm -> file:///C:/Users/szymon/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/n4687bqo.default/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/calendar-js/calUtils.js
Wiersz: 1214

I'm looking forward to the new version :)

BR,
Szymon

Aurélien BLANC

Oct 15, 2014, 1:04:51 PM10/15/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have not read all the feed but the solution is to temporarily go back to 0.32 and configure your google agenda with the ICS Private URL and it work perfectly. So i come to ask me what is the purpose of XML link ?

Alain De Meulemeester

Oct 15, 2014, 2:36:10 PM10/15/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Version 0.32 works just fine, and does the job for the time being.
I suggest we leave Philipp some time for solving this.
Sure I'm gonna donate as soon as it fixed, Philippe.
Been using your "baby" for a couple of years without any issue.
Great job!

Kåre Bergsnev

Oct 15, 2014, 2:44:21 PM10/15/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
How do i get Version 0.32?

Alain De Meulemeester

Oct 15, 2014, 3:01:49 PM10/15/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/thunderbird/addon/provider-for-google-calendar/versions/

Kåre Bergsnev

Oct 15, 2014, 3:54:02 PM10/15/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Thx, everythings working fine with Version 0.32 :-)

Kåre

Rob Zondag

Oct 16, 2014, 3:04:08 AM10/16/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi Philipp,

Have had to roll back to v0.32.
For me I used Thunderbird 31.2.0 lightning 3.3.1 and Prov.for Google Calendar 1.0.1
- my existing google calendars got issues like MODIFICATION_FAILED and server 500 errors
- deleting and recreating a google calendar did not solve the issue and I could get them only back
  selecting webdav but then when making an update to a calendar entry the update was lost and calendar
  failed synchronizing
- for me all works fine again selcting adding google calendar using previous version 0.32

For the record I'm on MacOS 10.9.5 and 10.8.5 (same behaviour ... expected)

Cheers,

Rob

A.s

Oct 16, 2014, 3:08:47 AM10/16/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Bei mir funktioniert urplötzlich wieder alles - alle meine Kalender werden wieder synchronisiert und das Warndreieck ist verschwunden :-)
super vielen Dank!!

Johannes Emm

Oct 16, 2014, 3:46:16 AM10/16/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Ciao,

indeed, tried it again today with the 1.0.1 version and all of a sudden, now I can add my google calendars, much easier than previously (v0.32).
Thanks so much!!

Remko Welling

Oct 16, 2014, 3:54:01 AM10/16/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I see promising messages about a good function of the plug-in.
is there a known reason why it starts working suddenly?
This is important to know before upgrading.

Cu, Remko.

Detlef Bieritz

Oct 16, 2014, 4:34:06 AM10/16/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
today it works - heute funktioniert's

hope it works for future - hoffe das bleibt so

Bob Atkins

Oct 16, 2014, 11:42:30 AM10/16/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Silly question.

I enabled the logging as instructed below. Where are the log files?

Bob Atkins

Oct 16, 2014, 11:52:41 AM10/16/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Oh and just so you know - with version 1.0.1 - epic fail today. Had been using 0.35 for ages and it worked well. Version 1.0.1 installed itself without my knowledge sometime in the last couple of days I assume.

Version 1.0.1 worked yesterday, was prompted to sign into my two Google accounts. Calendar entries then appeared in Lightning/Thunderbolt. Added 3-4 appointments, they showed up in my Google calender. Today, restarted Thunderbird - all appointments added yesterday were gone in Lightning but still existed in Google calendar. Added new appointment - it appeared in both Lightning and Google calendar. Tried to synchronizing calendars several times - no joy. Restarted Thunderbird. All calendar entries for both of my calendars were GONE - except the test event that I had just added. All events - including the test event were in my Google calendars - whew!

Restarted Thunderbird one more time - now everything gone - all calendar events - including the test event - poof! Thankfully everything still exists in Google calendars but this is making me nervous. I cannot afford to have my calendars flushed. Tried to turn on logging but I have no idea where the log file/entries can be found.

TB v31.2.0
Lightning v3.3.1
Provider for Google Calendar v1.0.1

Would love to go back in time to a working version until bugs in new version have been resolved.

duf...@d83.org

Oct 16, 2014, 4:57:02 PM10/16/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi - TB, Lightning, and Provider all updated to latest versions (TB 31.2, Lightning 3.3.1, PGC 1.0.1).  Using GAFE.

Certain events (specifically, some webexes I was invited to earlier this month) will not allow me to dismiss them.

Error console shows:
[JavaScript Error: "[calGoogleCalendar] *redacted - name of event*  failed:2147500037: {
 "error": {
  "errors": [
   {
    "domain": "global",
    "reason": "forbidden",
    "message": "Forbidden"
   }
  ],
  "code": 403,
  "message": "Forbidden"
 }
}
"]

Any help is appreciated!

--
Jay Duff, ACMT
Network Administrator

Nicolas FRETIGNY

Oct 17, 2014, 10:21:57 AM10/17/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
I have the same pb with my google calendars today... everything was ok yesterday and this morning i can not see the whole of my google calendars via lightning extension... (TB 31.1.2, Lightning 3.3.1, Provider 1.0.1)

LogicDaemon

Oct 17, 2014, 12:10:18 PM10/17/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
I second this. And with CalDav, reminders can't be dismissed at all.

djmcg...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2014, 3:17:54 PM10/18/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
I'm still struggling with TB 31.2.0 and most up to date Google Provider 1.0.1. I have two GCALS to sync with and the 2nd isn't working properly . When I go to dismiss reminders the dismiss won't work and I get the yellow triangle of the calendar isn't momentarily available. The calendar is NOT Read only,

I have enabled calendar verbose logging and get errors messages such as :

"[JavaScript Error: "[calGoogleCalendar] Modifying item QHC Board Tour (Belleville General Hospital) failed:2147500037: {
 "error": {
  "errors": [
   {
    "domain": "global",
    "reason": "forbidden",
    "message": "Forbidden"
   }
  ],
  "code": 403,
  "message": "Forbidden"
 }
}
"]"

despite being able to get and send messages and see calendar events.

From what I can see you have made a lot of progress over the week but this problem remains.

 thanks for your efforts

Jordan

Oct 21, 2014, 6:15:34 AM10/21/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Just upgraded to latest version of TB and Lightning.
Still getting message saying calendars temp unavailable.
Removed Calendars (2 of them - one with 2 factor authentication).
Tried to add new calendars again. Calendars and task list is blank so I can't add them back.
Here is log for the calendar not using 2 factor authentication (hope it helps):-

[calGoogleCalendar] Successfully acquired a new OAuth token for sharonmcc...@gmail.com
[calGoogleRequest] Clock skew is 1 seconds
[calGoogleCalendar] Request GET https://www.googleapis.com/calendar/v3/users/me/calendarList responded with HTTP 403
[calGoogleCalendar] Login failed for sharonmcc...@gmail.com HTTP Status: 403 Reason: variableTermLimitExceeded
[calGoogleSessionManager] Reusing session sharonmcc...@gmail.com
[calGoogleRequest] Clock skew is 1 seconds
[calGoogleCalendar] Request GET https://www.googleapis.com/calendar/v3/users/me/calendarList responded with HTTP 403
[calGoogleCalendar] Login failed for sharonmcc...@gmail.com HTTP Status: 403 Reason: variableTermLimitExceeded
[calGoogleRequest] Clock skew is 1 seconds

John Burley

Oct 21, 2014, 6:59:11 AM10/21/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Same issue as everyone else seems to be getting. Started getting temp unavailable and quota warnings this morning and could not add appointment to calendar. Removed calendar and cleared passwords and now after Oauth popup and accepting getting empty calendar list. Have turned on calendar logging as requested, see below.

Thunderbird 31.2.0
Addons: Lightning 3.31, British English Dictionary 1.19.1, Provider for Google Calendar 1.0.1
No special google account as far as I'm aware

Error console (* obfuscated):
[calGoogleSessionManager] Creating session b******6...@googlemail.com
[calGoogleSession] Token expired 1413888647 seconds ago, resetting
[calGoogleCalendar] Logging in session b******6...@googlemail.com
[calGoogleCalendar] No access token for b******6...@googlemail.com, refreshing token
[calGoogleSession] Adding item https://www.googleapis.com/tasks/v1/users/@me/lists to queue
[calGoogleSession] Adding item https://www.googleapis.com/calendar/v3/users/me/calendarList to queue
[calGoogleCalendar] Successfully acquired a new OAuth token for b******6...@googlemail.com
[calGoogleRequest] Clock skew is -9 seconds
[calGoogleCalendar] Request GET https://www.googleapis.com/calendar/v3/users/me/calendarList responded with HTTP 403
[calGoogleCalendar] Login failed for b******6...@googlemail.com HTTP Status: 403 Reason: variableTermLimitExceeded
[calGoogleRequest] Clock skew is -9 seconds
[calGoogleCalendar] Request GET https://www.googleapis.com/tasks/v1/users/@me/lists responded with HTTP 200

Hopefully this will help getting this great addon working again.

Thanks

John

John Burley

Oct 21, 2014, 7:07:43 AM10/21/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
Got Google Calendar working again by installing previous version 0.32.

Philipp I will donate when 1.0.1 fixed.

Benedikt Breinbauer

Oct 21, 2014, 9:40:16 AM10/21/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
I just hit the variableTermLimitExceeded error again after it has been working for a while (after readding calendars etc.).
However, I've got the additional problem that I'm using a master password that seems to trigger a crash together with above error, i.e. makes Thunderbird crash right after starting it. Disabling the provider add-on via safe-mode makes it start normally again. Conversely, removing the master password and restart with provider enabled also works. But both together end in TB crashing after start.

* Thunderbird 31.2.0
* Lightning 3.3.2
* Errors: variableTermLimitExceeded
* 2 Google accounts, one normal, one Google Apps
* Several calendars: Local, calendars by third parties that are shared with one of my accounts

Benoît Jacquemin

Oct 21, 2014, 11:43:54 AM10/21/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com

Once again, after a few days without problems (quota issue seemed to be a solution...), the terrible yellow triangle-syndrom "agenda temporarily unavailable". And impossible to add new events.

I'm using:
*TB 31.2.0
*Lightning 3.3.1
*No special Google account

Here comes the list of messages in error console:
[calGoogleRequest] Clock skew is 3 seconds
[calGoogleCalendar] Request GET https://www.googleapis.com/calendar/v3/users/me/calendarList/benoit.jacquemin.1975%40gmail.com responded with HTTP 403
[calGoogleCalendar] Login failed for benoit.jac...@gmail.com HTTP Status: 403 Reason: variableTermLimitExceeded
[calGoogleRequest] Clock skew is 3 seconds
[calGoogleCalendar] Request GET https://www.googleapis.com/calendar/v3/calendars/benoit.jacquemin.1975%40gmail.com/events?timeZone=Europe/Brussels&maxResults=50&showDeleted=true&syncToken=CPDOpJjtusECEPDOpJjtusECGAU= responded with HTTP 403
[calGoogleCalendar] Login failed for benoit.jac...@gmail.com HTTP Status: 403 Reason: variableTermLimitExceeded
[calGoogleCalendar] Error syncing:
2147500037:[Exception... "{
 "error": {
  "errors": [
   {
    "domain": "usageLimits",
    "reason": "variableTermLimitExceeded",
    "message": "Variable Term Limit Exceeded"
   }
  ],
  "code": 403,
  "message": "Variable Term Limit Exceeded"
 }
}
"  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://gdata-provider/modules/gdataRequest.jsm :: cGR_fail :: line 220"  data: no]
[JavaScript Error: "[calCachedCalendar] replay action failed: null, uri=googleapi://benoit.jac...@gmail.com/?calendar=benoit.jacquemin.1975%40gmail.com, result={
 "error": {
  "errors": [
   {
    "domain": "usageLimits",
    "reason": "variableTermLimitExceeded",
    "message": "Variable Term Limit Exceeded"
   }
  ],
  "code": 403,
  "message": "Variable Term Limit Exceeded"
 }
}
, op=[xpconnect wrapped calIOperation]"]
[calCachedCalendar] replayChangesOn finished.
[calCachedCalendar] sync queue empty.

Sebastian Higher

Oct 21, 2014, 6:35:50 PM10/21/14
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com

* Thunderbird or Seamonkey version you are using: TB 31.2.0
* Lightning version you are using: 3.3.1

[calGoogleCalendar] No access token for *****@gmail.com, refreshing token
[calGoogleSession] Adding item https://www.googleapis.com/tasks/v1/users/@me/lists to queue
[calGoogleSession] Adding item https://www.googleapis.com/calendar/v3/users/me/calendarList to queue
[calGoogleCalendar] Successfully acquired a new OAuth token for *****@gmail.com
[calGoogleRequest] Clock skew is 5 seconds
[calGoogleCalendar] Request GET https://www.googleapis.com/calendar/v3/users/me/calendarList responded with HTTP 403
[calGoogleCalendar] Login failed for ****@gmail.com HTTP Status: 403 Reason: variableTermLimitExceeded
[calGoogleRequest] Clock skew is 5 seconds
[calGoogleCalendar] Request GET https://www.googleapis.com/tasks/v1/users/@me/lists responded with HTTP 200

* Anything else that might help me figure out the problem?

Kilroy

Oct 22, 2014, 5:47:40 AM10/22/14
Am Mittwoch, 8. Oktober 2014 08:58:15 UTC+2 schrieb Philipp Kewisch:

* Thunderbird or Seamonkey version you are using
* Lightning version you are using
* Any obvious messages in Tools > Error Console
* If nothing obvious, enable calendar.debug.log and calendar.debug.log.verbose in the config editor (Options > Advaned > General > Config Editor), restart, and check again

Thunderbird 31.2.0
Lightning 3.3.1
Provider for Google Calendar 1.0.2

"The quota for xxx...@gmail.com has been exceeded, please try again later."

[calGoogleSessionManager] Creating session xxx...@gmail.com
[calGoogleSession] Token expired 1413969923 seconds ago, resetting
[calGoogleCalendar] Logging in session xxx...@gmail.com
[calGoogleCalendar] No access token for xxx...@gmail.com, refreshing token
[calGoogleCalendar] Successfully acquired a new OAuth token for xxx...@gmail.com
[calGoogleCalendar] Request GET https://www.googleapis.com/calendar/v3/users/me/calendarList responded with HTTP 403
[calGoogleCalendar] Login failed for xxx...@gmail.com HTTP Status: 403 Reason: variableTermLimitExceeded
[calGoogleRequest] Clock skew is 1 seconds
[calGoogleCalendar] Request GET https://www.googleapis.com/tasks/v1/users/@me/lists responded with HTTP 200

HTH
Message has been deleted

Jason Prokopowich

Oct 22, 2014, 9:04:04 AM10/22/14

On Wednesday, October 8, 2014 1:58:15 AM UTC-5, Philipp Kewisch wrote:
Hello Folks,

I have just release the Provider for Google Calendar 1.0, a full rewrite which now includes tasks support. Despite my efforts to keep it bug free, it seems some users are having issues. If this is you, please reply with:

* Thunderbird or Seamonkey version you are using
* Lightning version you are using
* Any obvious messages in Tools > Error Console
* If nothing obvious, enable calendar.debug.log and calendar.debug.log.verbose in the config editor (Options > Advaned > General > Config Editor), restart, and check again
* Are you using a special Google account type (Google Apps, 2 Factor Auth, etc)
It is loading more messages.
This conversation is locked