UPDATE: Peoples Assembly - Dialogue for Peace - Karachi : 22nd March '10 : T2F @ 6:00pm

Awab Alvi

Mar 19, 2010, 8:08:46 AM3/19/10
to PeoplesResistance, CRDP Mailing List, CMKP Mailing List, Proud Pakistani Mailing List, BLOGAP ~ Bloggers Association of Pakistan
Minor Time Change correction - the event is at 6:00pm and not 4:30pm

Peoples Assembly
A Dialogue for Peace in Pakistan

by Aman Ittehad

Date: 22nd March 2010
Location: The Second Floor, Karachi
Time: 6:00pm
RSVP: Peoples Assembly - A Dialogue for Peace
(Facebook Event)

Aman Ittehad is observing a Peace Week from 16-23 March 2010. During the week we propose to hold a series of public dialogues in each city across Pakistan called Peoples Assemblies where there will be a discussion on how to bring peace in Pakistan.

On the occasion of the 70th anniversary of the Lahore Resolution, citizens are committed to reflect on the original spirit of the 1940 Resolution and to develop a People’s Resolution in March 2010.

A Resolution that reflects the vision and directions for peace defined by citizens living in contemporary Pakistan, but imbued by the spirit of what people had dreamed of in the forties. This People’s Resolution will provide the vision for a social contract that makes a paradigm shift from a security state to a state that is responsive to the needs and rights of its citizens.

To develop a People’s Resolution, a public dialogue is scheduled to be held in Karachi on 22nd March at The Second Floor at 4:30pm to discuss the Peace in Pakistan in the following paradigm

Public Dialogue: Key Questions
  1. How would you describe peace in one word?
  2. What three things will ensure peace and security to you as a person?
  3. Is there a link between democracy and peace?
  4. What is the role of parliament in a democracy?
  5. What sort of rights and control/should be given to the provinces?
  6. What should the country’s resources be spent on?
  7. What should the state give priority to: health, education livelihood or defense?
  8. What does the rule of law and justice mean to you and what are its manifestations?
  9. What does equity and equal opportunity mean to you?
  10. How should we celebrate the cultural diversity in our country?
  11. Should personal religious belief be determined by the state?
  12. Should Pakistan live in peace with its neighbors and ensure non-interference?
  13. Should we encourage trade with all countries in the region? And why?

We welcome you to be a part of the initiative for Peace in Pakistan. Join the Aman Ittehad Peoples Assembly on 22nd March at The Second Floor

Aman Ittehad
http://amanittehad.com

-----
Sign the Online Petition for Peace in Pakistan
http://www.amanittehad.com/petition/?sign=petition/