dead help link and inversion of TM topology

Pfeiffer, Friedhelm

Jun 11, 2023, 9:56:06 AM6/11/23
to pro...@googlegroups.com, Mike Dyall-Smith
Dear Protter-ers,

(A)
First, I figured out that your "manual" link is dead. When I copy the link address, I receive
https://wlab.ethz.ch/protter/help

When I click the link, a new tab opens with "404 not found" and the link is
https://wlab.ethz.ch/help

When I copy the above link into an empty tab as
https://wlab.ethz.ch/protter/help
and hit return, I end up with "404 not found" and the link
https://wlab.ethz.ch/help

When I copy the above link into an empty tab and add a slash at the end
https://wlab.ethz.ch/protter/help/
then it works...

(B)

We have a case (UniProt:D4GRD2) where the overall TM prediction is the same
for Phobius on one hand and TMHMM or deepTMHMM on the other hand. However,
the topology is inverted. The TMHMM prediction is considered likely correct, the
Phobius prediction, which is used by Protter "automatic" probably incorrect.

What I had hoped is that there is a simple button "invert topology". But that is not
available, and thus I would have to manually add all the TM domains.

That might be a potential improvement to Protter.

Best regards,
Friedhelm Pfeiffer

Computational Biology Group
Max-Planck-Institute of Biochemistry