Error when loading evidence.txt file from MaxQuant 1.6.10.43

Oana VIGY

Jul 9, 2020, 10:33:30 AM7/9/20
to Protter

Dear Ulrich,

we faced an error in submitting an "evidence" file from MaxQuant 1.6.10.43 to Protter (same problem on local and online server).

Error: Unmatched closing ')' near index 3 L(M))SFPEAIADCNK

The problem could be due to a changing format which appeared from MaxQuant 1.6.7.0. The oxydation modification in "modified sequence" is for example "_LM(Oxidation (M))SFPEAIADCNK_" and no more "(ox)".

## [1.6.7.0] - 2019-07-10
### Changed
- PTMs in sequence strings are specified by their full name in round brackets, not bei their abbreviations any more.

Best regards,

Oana

Ulrich Goldmann

Jan 3, 2021, 12:10:09 PM1/3/21
to Protter
Dear Oana,
sorry for the very late reply.
You are perfectly right that Protter will not be able to parse this new way of MaxQuant in specifying modifications.
If there is still interest in reading MaxQuant evidence.txt files, I can try to implement support for the new format.
Could you provide me with an example file?

many thanks,
Ulrich

Oana VIGY

Jan 12, 2021, 7:57:47 AM1/12/21
to pro...@googlegroups.com

Dear Ulrich,

thanks for your reply. Yes we're still interested in using "evidence.txt" files with Protter.

I'll share a file in a private message.

Best regards,

Oana

Oana VIGY

Functional Proteomics Platform (FPP)
IGF, CNRS, INSERM, Univ Montpellier
141 rue de la Cardonille
34 094 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
+33 (0)4 34 35 92 05
www.fpp.cnrs.fr

Absence: on Mondays

Alexander Lam

Feb 16, 2024, 10:17:17 PMFeb 16
to Protter
hello,

i also have this issue with loading evidence.txt from MQ.