Your favourite rich text editor?

Alastair Young

Apr 23, 2015, 11:00:41 AM4/23/15
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
Anyone suggest their favourite rich text editor that sits nicely with prototype ?

ta muchly

Phil Petree

Apr 23, 2015, 11:08:18 AM4/23/15
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
I'm sooo old... I use pspad (and have for 10 years)... it's way more advanced than edlin (joke).

I really need to update to a modern editor with php on my laptop so I'd be curious as to how everyone has their systems configured.

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 11:00 AM, Alastair Young <alastai...@gmail.com> wrote:
Anyone suggest their favourite rich text editor that sits nicely with prototype ?

ta muchly

Alastair Young

Apr 23, 2015, 11:12:36 AM4/23/15
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
ah - no. My bad for not explaining better what I'm after.

Looking for a rich text editor - preferably based on prototype - to use on a webpage. The inplaceditor in scriptaculous doesn't quite cut it.

cheers

Jason Westbrook

Apr 23, 2015, 1:30:34 PM4/23/15
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com

I've used FCKeditor (now CKEditor) as well as nicedit in many of my projects. Nicedit no longer has anyone supporting it - but still works rather well.

neither of them require any dependencies and work out of the box

Jason Westbrook | T: 313-799-3770 | jwest...@gmail.com

Max

Oct 23, 2016, 8:58:36 PM10/23/16
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
Hi

The beast I have found so far and have been using for years is inPlaceRichEditor which works with prototypejs and Tinymce and it is quite awesome when you configure it well. It has even become my default system

http://inplacericheditor.box.re/demos