Lag between click and invocation of event handler in IE

marcoow

Apr 9, 2010, 12:26:57 PM4/9/10
to Prototype: Core
Hi list,

I have some JS code that listens to click events on links. In IE I see
a reasonable lag (around 1 sec.) between the actual click and the
invokation of my event handler. Is there any typical reason for that?
My JS attaches around 50 event handlers on the page in question.

Can provide code if neccessary but I thought there might be a typical
reason for lags like this? Something that's very likely the case of my
problem?

Thanks for help,
Marco

T.J. Crowder

Apr 9, 2010, 2:18:39 PM4/9/10
to Prototype: Core
Hi Marco,

This list is for discussion of the actual development *of* Prototype.
Would you repost your question on the user's list:
http://groups.google.com/group/prototype-scriptaculous

Thanks,
--
T.J. Crowder
Independent Software Consultant

Mislav Marohnić

Apr 10, 2010, 6:49:03 AM4/10/10
to prototy...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 18:26, marcoow <marco.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have some JS code that listens to click events on links. In IE I see
a reasonable lag (around 1 sec.) between the actual click and the
invokation of my event handler. Is there any typical reason for that?

Hey Marco,

There shouldn't be a noticable lag before the invocation of the event handler. It must be your code, so please share your code on the users' list or in the #prototype channel on Freenode IRC. However, if investigation shows it really *is* some kind of bug, then you should come back here and continue on this thread.

Thank you